Options

Amelia Concours Car Show

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited January 14, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I took quite a few shots at the Amelia Island show. The day was terrible for shooting....piercing morning Florida sun made it tough. Highs and lows often outside the DR of the camera. There were fabulous cars to see and enjoy. Take a look at www.black-mamba.smugmug.com

Tom
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    Welcome! I seem to be attracted to the red ring on the wheels of this corvette? Whats up with that? rolleyes1.gif

242472028-L.jpg
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    leaforte wrote:
    Welcome! I seem to be attracted to the red ring on the wheels of this corvette? Whats up with that? rolleyes1.gif

242472028-L.jpg

That was the 'L' option....If you went for larger tires, they came in white, rather than black...those are kinda rare.
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2008
    Those tires were correct period pieces. Back then, we simply called them " red lines ". They were the hot ticket for performance cars of the day. They were not particular to the Corvette. I ran them on several cars I had during the 60's.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    Love the 8C Alfa:
    242897428-M.jpg

Many of your photos seem to have a haze about them. headscratch.gif Were you seeing condensation on the lens? Were using the lens shade? ne_nau.gif
    Tim
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2008
    Hi Harvey,

Thanks for your comments. This show is held on the oceanfront. There was bit of morning sea mist still lingering for a while. Not having a lens hood with me might have been a contributing factor as well. The biggest issue was the D-80 trying to blow out highlights. The lighting in general was very stark and the extreme highs and lows were beyond the DR of the sensor. Trying to save some of the shadow detail caused the highs to go slightly " hazy " or washed out looking.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    I took quite a few shots at the Amelia Island show. The day was terrible for shooting....piercing morning Florida sun made it tough. Highs and lows often outside the DR of the camera. There were fabulous cars to see and enjoy. Take a look at www.black-mamba.smugmug.com

Tom

Hi Tom, gosh they came up with some odd shapes for those cars,
    where they actually aerodynamic or not?

Got yourself some really nice shots......what is it about Red cars that makes ya look twice :D .... thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2008
    Hi Skippy,

Thanks for looking in. I just ordered some carbon fiber parts for one of my motorcycles from an outfit called Geelong Carbon Crafts in Broadwater Beach, QLD. Is that near you? I appreciate the work you do as moderator.

Thanks,

Tom