Options

Hi Y'all!!

GatorGator Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
edited March 9, 2005 in Holy Macro
New to dgrin, so I figured I'd toss one out here! One of my favorite things, a Harley with lots of chrome!

Comments

• Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2005
    Welcome and thats a nice picture Gator welcome to DGrin:cool

Tim
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2005
    Harley? Is that some sort of motorcycle? :giggle

welcome to dgrin. :):

fish
    (BMW R1150GS & R1150RT)
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2005
    you'll find a few guys with their motor toys here. welcome wave.gif and nice shot.
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2005
    Guys & their toys...
    Yep, not surprised! I'm not a guy though! Thanks for the warm welcome! thumb.gif
  • Options
    soupsoup Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited March 8, 2005
    hey, not a bad shot. the highlights are a little blown out for my taste, but i like the feel of it here...
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2005
    Gator wrote:
    Yep, not surprised! I'm not a guy though! Thanks for the warm welcome! thumb.gif
    :thwak lol3.gif

I'm replacing the battery in my GS this afternoon -- yes, it takes five hours to do. First, I have to go buy a battery. Stop at McD's for a Mighty Kids Meal (TM), come home, check email, check dgrin, take battery out of truck and put in garage. Check dgrin. Go back out to garage, think about turning on itunes, open beer. Drink beer. Think about replacing the battery. Try to remember how. Open toolbox, stare for awhile and start playing with doodads from a bike I don't own anymore. Wonder if I still have the handlebars from that bike. Go look for them. Find them, dust them off, go "vroom vroom", fantasize about the great wheelies and smokey burnouts produced on that bike. Put handlebars back on shelf. check email, check dgrin. Finish beer. Go get another. Remove saddlebag, seat, look for bolts, find correct tools, dust off tank, drink beer, check dgrin. Pull off plastic trim, remove bolt, remove batt bolts, try to commit to memory which wires attach to which post, think about labelling, but don't do it. Lift rear of tank and think about ways to keep from removing tank, because it's half-full of gas. Have brainstorm, grab end of firewood cut off last weekend, lift tank, stuff wood between tank and abs modulator, drink beer, check dgrin. And that's about where I'm at right now. Might take another couple of hours. I don't know how the dealer does it in just 20 mins rolleyes1.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2005
    Welcome... This is a great shot. You'll find a lot of great people here.

Peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • Options
    ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2005
    fish wrote:
    :thwak lol3.gif

I'm replacing the battery in my GS this afternoon -- yes, it takes five hours to do. First, I have to go buy a battery. Stop at McD's for a Mighty Kids Meal (TM), come home, check email, check dgrin, take battery out of truck and put in garage. Check dgrin. Go back out to garage, think about turning on itunes, open beer. Drink beer. Think about replacing the battery. Try to remember how. Open toolbox, stare for awhile and start playing with doodads from a bike I don't own anymore. Wonder if I still have the handlebars from that bike. Go look for them. Find them, dust them off, go "vroom vroom", fantasize about the great wheelies and smokey burnouts produced on that bike. Put handlebars back on shelf. check email, check dgrin. Finish beer. Go get another. Remove saddlebag, seat, look for bolts, find correct tools, dust off tank, drink beer, check dgrin. Pull off plastic trim, remove bolt, remove batt bolts, try to commit to memory which wires attach to which post, think about labelling, but don't do it. Lift rear of tank and think about ways to keep from removing tank, because it's half-full of gas. Have brainstorm, grab end of firewood cut off last weekend, lift tank, stuff wood between tank and abs modulator, drink beer, check dgrin. And that's about where I'm at right now. Might take another couple of hours. I don't know how the dealer does it in just 20 mins rolleyes1.gif

That made my day fish! lol3.giflol3.giflol3.gif Do we ALL do it like that? rolleyes1.gif
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2005
    That made my day fish! lol3.giflol3.giflol3.gif Do we ALL do it like that? rolleyes1.gif

I still haven't connected the battery... :lol
  • Options
    BridgeCityBridgeCity Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2005
    Wow motorcycle people!

I am buying a 2001 CBR F4i this week. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2005
    Lol!
    Thanks for checkin' out my shot, and yes, most of you do it just like that! But, that's cool. Personally, I wouldn't have it any other way.
    beer.gif
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2005
    BridgeCity wrote:
    Wow motorcycle people!

I am buying a 2001 CBR F4i this week. thumb.gif
    Congrats on the new scoot. Let's see some pics when you get it.

in other news...

SHE'S ALIVE! ALIVE!

Battery in, fired up in about five cranks. Took her around the block and it's like nothing every came between us. She still loves me. Tamale is a riding day. nod.gif Are you ready, ian?

Oh, gator...I checked and double checked. I don't have any chrome on my bike. Lots of mud splatters and bug stains, but no chrome. Except for the headers, but it's not the same type of chrome one would expect on a Harley.

17172219-L.jpg
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited March 9, 2005
    fish wrote:
    Congrats on the new scoot. Let's see some pics when you get it.

Battery in, fired up in about five cranks. Took her around the block and it's like nothing every came between us. She still loves me. Tamale is a riding day. nod.gif Are you ready, ian?
    Every day is riding day--I just hope the GS starts tomorrow--I haven't been as
    nice to it lately as I should. I think it wants to go on a road trip...like this:

6415648-M.jpg

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2005
    ian408 wrote:
    Every day is riding day--I just hope the GS starts tomorrow--I haven't been as
    nice to it lately as I should. I think it wants to go on a road trip...like this:

Ian

I know the feeling.

503792-L-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2005
    fish wrote:
    I know the feeling.

I think I'll get it a new, white, beak. That should be good for parting the, ah,
    traffic. Don't ya think?

ian
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2005
    Gator wrote:
    New to dgrin, so I figured I'd toss one out here! One of my favorite things, a Harley with lots of chrome!
    How rude of me. I just jacked your first post and didn't even say hello :uhoh

Welcome aboard! Nice shot of the bike.

Bikes and cameras. What a combo!

Ian
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2005
    Ha Ha!
    No problem, glad I could start a thread that took off! I was thinking more like "Bikers and Cameras" good combo!thumb.gif
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 9, 2005
    ian408 wrote:
    How rude of me. I just jacked your first post and didn't even say hello
    :whip
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 9, 2005
    Hey Gator: That's a sexy bike and a sexy crop. Welcome to dGrin.
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2005
    Thanks Angelo! I have to agree the bike is quite sexy!