VENDOR / DEAL: Get i2e at HUGE discount

Comments

• swcolleenswcolleen Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2007
    For those who have Professional Version....
    Can anyone tell me is it really worth the extra $$ to be able to adjust the channels and save them? I played with them a little and just printed screen shots of the default so I could put it back but after using it a bit I am considering the upgrade.

Any other good points for upgrading?

Thanks!
    edited June 20, 2007
    Well, I did go and get the upgrade from them from standard to professional. They were quick with response to my question about it.

I would still be interested in hearing people's comments about the features in professional if that want to share!
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2007
    I wanted to test out i2e for processing my RAW files but i get an error image could not be loaded every time I try to open one of my cr2 files... I even made sure to install their canon raw plugin that they had on the site... I want to see how well it processes my raw images before making the decision to purchase a full license.... help?

I am using it on vista if that makes any difference. My raw files can load in everything else on the computer though, just not i2e...
  • gchappelgchappel Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    Andy
    Any chance of a great price on the 3.0- upgrade?
    I went with the pro version, but $90 to upgrade is a little steep, almost what we paid for it.
    Thanks
    gary
  • ebswiftebswift Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited December 17, 2007
    I noticed the special order page is still up. I emailed them to ask if the pricing is still going to apply on the 3.0.2 version; the saving on the standard edition will be about $US25 which is a pretty good saving. Awaiting their reply to see if the deal still applies on the new version.

Try Smugfoto in Facebook for displaying your SmugMug galleries.
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2007
    ebswift wrote:
    I noticed the special order page is still up. I emailed them to ask if the pricing is still going to apply on the 3.0.2 version; the saving on the standard edition will be about $US25 which is a pretty good saving. Awaiting their reply to see if the deal still applies on the new version.

Has anyone found out if we get a discount on upgrading our license from 2.0 to 3.0?
    edited January 18, 2008
    Pupator wrote:
    Has anyone found out if we get a discount on upgrading our license from 2.0 to 3.0?

I would be curious too-wouldn't mind upgrading but its a little steep at the moment.
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2008
    swcolleen wrote:
    I would be curious too-wouldn't mind upgrading but its a little steep at the moment.

Yeah I'm interested in finding out the verdict on this as well.
    edited January 27, 2008
    Shima wrote:
    Yeah I'm interested in finding out the verdict on this as well.

I haven't herad anything on this yet....

And I dont know if anyone else saw the question a few page sback about Andy's recomended settings and if the dashes in their were minus the number or just hyphens....anyone know?

thanks
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    swcolleen wrote:
    I haven't herad anything on this yet....

And I dont know if anyone else saw the question a few page sback about Andy's recomended settings and if the dashes in their were minus the number or just hyphens....anyone know?

thanks
    I rang up Switzerland this morning and the order page has been updated to include the upgrade to V3, with a 50% discount on the upgrade clap.gif

http://www.colour-science.com/IE/IEregister2.htm

If you have a Version 2 professional license, you can upgrade to Version 3 with a 50% discount (=45$ instead of 90$).
    edited January 28, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    I rang up Switzerland this morning and the order page has been updated to include the upgrade to V3, with a 50% discount on the upgrade clap.gif

If you have a Version 2 professional license, you can upgrade to Version 3 with a 50% discount (=45$ instead of 90$).

Yeah! Thanks!!
    edited January 28, 2008
    swcolleen wrote:
    Yeah! Thanks!!

Thanks for taking care of this Andy. It's a bit of a shame they've decided not to offer the discounted upgrade to Home and Standard versions.

swcolleen - Yes, the dashes do indicated negative numbers.
    edited January 28, 2008
    Pupator wrote:
    Thanks for taking care of this Andy. It's a bit of a shame they've decided not to offer the discounted upgrade to Home and Standard versions.

Thank you for the "Dash" question. One more though-is it just in the -20 or the tope numbers too? Those looked more like dashes so it was hard to know!
    thank you
    edited January 28, 2008
    swcolleen wrote:
    Thank you for the "Dash" question. One more though-is it just in the -20 or the tope numbers too? Those looked more like dashes so it was hard to know!
    thank you

ABE: 50
    ACE: 50
    MCE: 100
    shadow enhancement: 60
    highlight enhancement: 100

brightness: 15
    contrast highlights: 0
    contrast shadows: -20
    all the rest: 0
    edited January 28, 2008
    Pupator wrote:

Huh, the pro version is so inexpensive, and so good, that I never considered that to be an issue, I'm sorry :(

I'll discuss it with Frank when I see him at PMA.

But really, the Pro version rocks.
    edited January 28, 2008
    Pupator wrote:
    ABE: 50
    ACE: 50
    MCE: 100
    shadow enhancement: 60
    highlight enhancement: 100

brightness: 15
    contrast highlights: 0
    contrast shadows: -20
    all the rest: 0

Thank you SO much:)
    edited January 28, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Huh, the pro version is so inexpensive, and so good, that I never considered that to be an issue, I'm sorry :(

I'll discuss it with Frank when I see him at PMA.

But really, the Pro version rocks.

You're absolutely right.

But in my case, and I imagine that of some others, Pro is slightly more than we need and the "Standard" edition has exactly the right mix of features at the right price. Frank is kind of offer us any discount at all on an upgrade, so I'm certainly not complaining!

But if he were to offer an upgrade from 2.x Standard to 3.x standard at anything less than "retail" - well that'd be awesome too.
  • aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Andy wrote:

thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumb
    edited April 20, 2008
    Does anyone who has done the upgrade to ver3 have any feedback on it? Is it an improvement? Not very different? I am currently running the professional version of 2.57 and with the discount would definately upgrade but I found very little on their webpage about the new improvements and what is really new so any feedback would be really appreciated!

THanks!!!
    Colleen
    edited April 20, 2008
    swcolleen wrote:
    Does anyone who has done the upgrade to ver3 have any feedback on it? Is it an improvement? Not very different? I am currently running the professional version of 2.57 and with the discount would definately upgrade but I found very little on their webpage about the new improvements and what is really new so any feedback would be really appreciated!

THanks!!!
    Colleen
    Write to colour-science and ask them for the deets - they'll get back to you thumb.gif
    edited April 21, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Write to colour-science and ask them for the deets - they'll get back to you thumb.gif

Oh, ok. I guess I was just hoping someone who was actually using it not just selling it would have some experience or info to add. Thanks.
    edited April 21, 2008
    swcolleen wrote:
    Oh, ok. I guess I was just hoping someone who was actually using it not just selling it would have some experience or info to add. Thanks.
    I have it - improved NR, redeye, and more raw support. Plus improved LSE.
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator
    edited April 21, 2008
    swcolleen wrote:

According to the website these are the improvements:

"V 3.0.06 Bug fix: noise removal was not applied when saving the image with previous version
    V 3.0.05
    Bug fix: the last version sometimes did not start if Image Editor found an old licence on the PC
    V 3.0.04
    Several new RAW file formats (Nikon D30 and D300 ...) added.
    New edge preserving noise removal added (beta implementation)
    Bug fix: the last versions always wanted a major upgrade of the licence even if the software was started for the first time in test mode.
    V 3.0.02
    Several new RAW file formats added."

I purchased the new version partly because I was hoping the Canon 40D would be supported. Unfortunately, it is not directly supported.

I use the Adobe DNG converter and then read the DNG files into i2e and that works fine.

It's hard to quantize the other improvements but i2e just seems "smarter" than previous versions in figuring out what to sharpen and what to soften. I'm seeing IMO a slight improvement. It could be more a result of the new method of edge detection for noise reduction.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
    edited April 23, 2008
    Thanks guys for your input-I am going to go upgrade :)
  • tuggnettuggnet Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited May 22, 2008
    Does anyone run this product on a Mac using VMware Fusion?
    edited June 26, 2008
    color question
    I am pretty sure this was where I read it before but I have a question about the "true vs auto" in the pro galleries and using this software.

This was sparked by some discussion I read in the new cart thread so maybe I am way off but...I try not to do too much post production unless its something specific I am working on but I do run most of my photos through i2e before uploading them to galleries to share with potential customers.

So my question is, when I run them through the i2e color correction, should I list those photos as TRUE or AUTO?

If I do other corrections to images in addition or instead of i2e, should I list as TRUE or AUTO?

Thanks!!!
    edited June 27, 2008
    If you color correct your own images in i2e - use "True." Using "Auto" would run them through another set of color correction.
    edited June 27, 2008
    Pupator wrote:
    If you color correct your own images - use "True." Using "Auto" would run them through another set of color correction.

Ok thanks. That was what I thought but I was starting to get confused while reading another thread and since I specifically use i2e I thought I would check here.

Thanks!!!
  • yarmladyarmlad Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 26, 2008
    ziggy53 wrote:
    According to the website these are the improvements:

"V 3.0.06 Bug fix: noise removal was not applied when saving the image with previous version
    V 3.0.05
    Bug fix: the last version sometimes did not start if Image Editor found an old licence on the PC
    V 3.0.04
    Several new RAW file formats (Nikon D30 and D300 ...) added.
    New edge preserving noise removal added (beta implementation)
    Bug fix: the last versions always wanted a major upgrade of the licence even if the software was started for the first time in test mode.
    V 3.0.02
    Several new RAW file formats added."

I purchased the new version partly because I was hoping the Canon 40D would be supported. Unfortunately, it is not directly supported.

I use the Adobe DNG converter and then read the DNG files into i2e and that works fine.

It's hard to quantize the other improvements but i2e just seems "smarter" than previous versions in figuring out what to sharpen and what to soften. I'm seeing IMO a slight improvement. It could be more a result of the new method of edge detection for noise reduction.
    Hi,
    I've been using Image editor for about 18 months and with the great offer on here i've just upgraded to version 3. I think image editor is the most useful tool i've ever come across. i shoot weddings and sometimes have in excess of 1200 raw images to process and couldn't even contemplate dealing with them all individually !
    I just have a few of questions if anyone can help.
    Firstly do Andy's recommended settings still apply for version 3 ?
    Secondly Why do Andy's settings have Zero for shadow saturation, where the default is 100 ?
    Finally no one seems to have mentioned the global sharpening setting. What settings would anyone recommend for lab printing ?(usually use a fuji frontier )

Many thanks
    edited March 26, 2009
    New version 3.1??
    Hi.

Just got an email about a new version of this software to v. 3.1...

Is there going to be a smugmug discount for the upgrade? I had emailed the woman who sent me the email because I thought minor upgrades were included ( I remembered upgradeding from 2.7 to 3.0....) but it doesn't seem that way and she said it would be $200...and that is more than I paid for it originally so I thought I would check here to see if anyone had more information. I am not in a rush....I just have enjoyed this program and didn't want to fall behind so I thought I would ask!

Thanks!!