Options

Mount St. Helens piccies

wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
edited March 9, 2005 in The Big Picture
If you're interested, the USGS keeps an online library of images of Mount St. Helens. Because these images are taken by government employees on the job, they are free and clear of any copyright restrictions. Bear in mind that these folks are not professional photographers.

Here's the link.

Here are a couple from yesterday's activity.

MSH05_aerial_st_helens_with_plume_from_west_03-08-05_med.jpg

MSH05_aerial_st_helens_with_plume_from_SW_03-08-05_med.jpg
Sid.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au

Comments

• Options
    ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    Cool Sid, thanks for the link!
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • Options
    BridgeCityBridgeCity Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    Of course I was getting my hair cut at the time, and my camera was at home :( I got a message from my co-workers becuase I ALWAYS have my camera with me at work. I guess there were a bunch of people in my building watching the whole thing from the windows (I work in a skyscraper in Portland). I was so dissapointed :(

I had to watch the whole thing from a big-screen TV at the barber shop.. LAME :cry :cry
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    Keep your camera handy, there are bound too be more eruptions. The lava keeps rising, the dome keeps building, and it makes sense that every once in a while there will be a slight blockage that the volcano clears with a little 'eruption.'
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au