Options

Tell me where to go ;))

seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
edited January 24, 2008 in Dgrin Forum Support
I'm a little confused as to where to post my photo essays on dgrin forum. A recent post (photo essay on Puget Sound ferries) was moved ... i honestly can't remember which forum i originally posted it to, thought it was "Other Cool Shots" but could be mistaken ... it now appears in both "Other Cool Shots" and "Journeys." (If i posted it to Journeys i did so by mistake, my apologies)

It really matters not to me ... just don't want to cause hassles for the mods or keep seeing the dreaded "moved" tag :)) As you know, these essays are not travelouges in the traditional sense with cutlines, a sequential or linear mode and may, or may not, include people ... so ... you know what i've been up to with these posts lately - a mix of styles and subjects perhaps defying easy categorization ...

So, just tell me where to go (hmmm, perhaps that's a bit too open ended a question, lol) ... rather please give me direction on the most appropriate forum to place these images.

cheers,
tom

Comments

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2008
    Tom,

I love your photojournalistic threads and certainly don't want their broad-reaching themes to prevent them from finding a home on Dgrin. I thought your ferry thread was fine where it was, or maybe even under 'People' because most of them portrayed the interaction of people with the environment. Or Journeys. ne_nau.gif

My opinion is that there's no penalty for putting something in the wrong place as long as you have some sort of logic for posting it in a certain area. thumb.gif

Of course anyone else can chime in here, too. :D
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2008
    I'll chime in, saying that I agree that it is no problem posting the threads where you think they are right thumb.gif

Sometimes deciding where something goes is a thin line, also for us mods. Some photos are easy, some are more difficult. If the photo has a relation with the forum posted, it is usually fine, even if it might have a relation to other forums as well.

You posted that thread in the 'other cool shots' originally. It was moved by one of us afterwards to Journeys. For me personally it could have gone either way; The Journeys forum is not so much restricted to a series of photos from your vacation only, but can be of broader subject.

I don't think there really is a 'right' or 'wrong' in this case. My best advice is post where you believe is right, and usually it is right. If you are not sure, put it in Other Cool Shots, or ask us thumb.gif
  • Options
    seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2008
    thanks ... all good :))