Options

Recent outside wedding pics...Brrrrrrrr

Deadeye008Deadeye008 Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
edited January 24, 2008 in Weddings
This was one of the fastest wedding sessions I've done because it was so cold outside... C&C Welcome
IMG_1006-8BWweb.jpg
IMG_1012-12aweb.jpg
IMG_1017-16BWweb.jpg
IMG_1019-1aweb.jpg
IMG_1021-18BWweb.jpg
IMG_1027-21BWweb.jpg
IMG_1040-1aweb.jpg
IMG_1049-1-2aweb.jpg
IMG_1054-1aweb.jpg
IMG_1060-1aweb.jpg
IMG_1067-3BWweb.jpg

Comments

• Options
    aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2008
    I think in general, the composition is good and interesting (good).

But I keep on wanting more sharpness... they just look too soft for me. For the first few, I thought -- Out of focus look, okay.

And then I kept on seeing more and more and more.

Was this on purpose?
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2008
    aktse wrote:
    I think in general, the composition is good and interesting (good).

But I keep on wanting more sharpness... they just look too soft for me. For the first few, I thought -- Out of focus look, okay.

And then I kept on seeing more and more and more.

Was this on purpose?

Yes, they are soft on purpose. I usually edit all my wedding portrait shots like this. Take into account that these small low-res pics have a lot less detail than the hi-res versions though. Thanks for commenting.
  • Options
    rwdfresnorwdfresno Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited January 22, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif. Well composed but they do seem a little soft for my taste. I feel as if the highlights are a bit blown in the doutones, maybe a bit of recovery on those in conversion. I really like the tonal variations in #1. I think #5 and #9 could benefit by a cropping that decenters their faces. I think you probably did better than I would have with all of that white and the extreme softening from the overcast sky.

Ryan
    Ryan Davis
    my flickr
  • Options
    CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2008
    Up until about a month ago I had absolutely no appreciation for soft photographs; now I adore them! Nice series for having (I'm sure) numb fingers; kudos to the bride! Bare arms! My favorite in the series has gotta be #6!! I do think number 8 is a little light, not horrifically light, I think this photograph could benefit from the church having a little more dark tones in it. (if that makes any sense at all!). Thanks for sharing!!
    "Take my picture, Tonight I feel beautiful..."
    -Marilyn Monroe
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2008
    Thank you all for your compliments and comments!:D I really appreciate them.
  • Options
    DNagataDNagata Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited January 23, 2008
    These are so beautiful! I do like the soft-focus here, especially in #3 and #6 -- it's nicely balanced with the texture of the stone background. I agree that #8 could be a little darker -- maybe just burn in the church a bit more? Also, for #8, you could maybe experiment with transforming the perspective a bit so that the building straightens out (unless that also warps the couple)...

Overall, wonderful job. I'd be very happy if these were MY wedding portraits. :D
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2008
    DNagata wrote:
    These are so beautiful! I do like the soft-focus here, especially in #3 and #6 -- it's nicely balanced with the texture of the stone background. I agree that #8 could be a little darker -- maybe just burn in the church a bit more? Also, for #8, you could maybe experiment with transforming the perspective a bit so that the building straightens out (unless that also warps the couple)...

Overall, wonderful job. I'd be very happy if these were MY wedding portraits. :D
    Thank you!:D By the way I'm very jealous right now that you are in Hawaii because it's freezing cold here!
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2008
    Deadeye008 wrote:
    IMG_1049-1-2aweb.jpg

does the little pool have have an edge to stand on?
    i havent been there for many years, cant remember...
    but anyway maybe next stand them on a chair to get a full reflect?

btw, whats that black line? from photomerge? (mid left)

btw, i like your shots, but focus is buggn me...ne_nau.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    PilznrPilznr Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2008
    All of those shots are great. Excellent compositions and PP.

The softness and focus in 2, 6, 9, & 10 is driving me up a wall though. It was just a little too much for my taste.

The over exposure in 7 & 8 are not my taste, but I think they are great compositions. The aged look in those is cool too.

I'd hire you for my wedding, no problem.

Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2008
    does the little pool have have an edge to stand on?
    i havent been there for many years, cant remember...
    but anyway maybe next stand them on a chair to get a full reflect?

btw, whats that black line? from photomerge? (mid left)

btw, i like your shots, but focus is buggn me...ne_nau.gif
    There is a little edge around the pool but it was really icy and I didn't want to have a wet bride and groom!:D A chair or something would have proved useful. The black line is part of the texture from the "old and faded" look. Thanks for the comments!
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2008
    Pilznr wrote:
    All of those shots are great. Excellent compositions and PP.

The softness and focus in 2, 6, 9, & 10 is driving me up a wall though. It was just a little too much for my taste.

The over exposure in 7 & 8 are not my taste, but I think they are great compositions. The aged look in those is cool too.

I'd hire you for my wedding, no problem.

Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks for the comments!thumb.gif