Options

What's been keepin' me busy

Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
edited March 11, 2005 in Sports
As the end of the soccer season approaches, it becomes team photo time. I've been wroking on 4 sets of team/individual and collages. Here are a few that I've made so far:
Each player on my daughters team got to pick their favorite action shot from the season, and I did this for them
16987220-M.jpg

I made this collage for a boys team - each player got the same copy:
15941836-M-1.jpg

And this one for one of the players for a birthday present from his mom:
16987307-M.jpg

They have recieved great response!

ann

Comments

• Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    clap.gif that's our girl!!!!! Excellent job Ann! You're really starting to have a way with composites!
    Congrats on the results!
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    Cool! You know what, at first I didn't like the middle one. But when you explain what's going on, and I realize that every kid and parent is only looking for the shot of their child and maybe his pals, it makes sense to have all of those images. Neat.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited March 7, 2005
    All Reet Ann ^5
    I agree with Michiel and Sid. Not only is your work looking very good thumb.gif You are proving that we were right about you being able to handle this type of shooting/stress mwink.gif

Your work has helped stir my creative juices :-) I think I'm going to try to do a poster size collage for my son's coach. The only thing I've ever done in PS is photo editing, so this could wind up being a really tough job :uhoh

Anyhow, Good for you Ann clap.gif You give us hope....lol

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    I think I'm going to try to do a poster size collage for my son's coach. The only thing I've ever done in PS is photo editing, so this could wind up being a really tough job
    Steve,

layers are your friend! remember that :D Make sure all the objects you insert over your background are separate layers with masks so you can take away all you want! (and put it back when you have made 'yet another mistake' :lol making a collage can be tiring work).
    I hope you have a sturdy processor in your computer along with a fast HD and a nice bunch of RAM, because layering 20 pics on 50cm x 70cm format is quite demanding on one's computer :D (just something I do after each holiday)
    Like this one: Edinburgh 2004
    Good luck Steve!
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited March 8, 2005
    Ann, these are great composites of the season and I'm sure the
    families will love them!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2005
    clap.gif that's our girl!!!!! Excellent job Ann! You're really starting to have a way with composites!
    Congrats on the results!
    Thanks, Michiel. I am slowly figuring out the most time efficient way to do them! I love the ones I made for the girls ( too many compression artifacts here, but they printed beautifully), and so do the girls.

ann
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Cool! You know what, at first I didn't like the middle one. But when you explain what's going on, and I realize that every kid and parent is only looking for the shot of their child and maybe his pals, it makes sense to have all of those images. Neat.
    Hi Sid
    I agree it is crowded! All of those shots were taken during 1 (1hour) game. Mucho challenging to get a good usable shot for each kid. I am thinking about using a 'frame' around each player if I ever do one of these again.

Thanks
    ann
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2005
    Steve,

layers are your friend! remember that :D Make sure all the objects you insert over your background are separate layers with masks so you can take away all you want! (and put it back when you have made 'yet another mistake' :lol making a collage can be tiring work).
    I hope you have a sturdy processor in your computer along with a fast HD and a nice bunch of RAM, because layering 20 pics on 50cm x 70cm format is quite demanding on one's computer :D (just something I do after each holiday)
    Like this one: Edinburgh 2004
    Good luck Steve!
    Yep, what Michiel said - do not save as anything but .psd (well, its .psp in PSP 9, I think its .psd in photoshop), that way you can redo or rearrange afterwords.

ann
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2005
    I agree with Michiel and Sid. Not only is your work looking very good thumb.gif You are proving that we were right about you being able to handle this type of shooting/stress mwink.gif

Your work has helped stir my creative juices :-) I think I'm going to try to do a poster size collage for my son's coach. The only thing I've ever done in PS is photo editing, so this could wind up being a really tough job :uhoh

Anyhow, Good for you Ann clap.gif You give us hope....lol

Steve

Well, thanks very much, Steve! I'm sure you can manage the poster - and they are a lot of fun to do. My problem is I always like the last one I made more than the others - it is hard to resist the temptation to go back and redo....
    :):
    ann
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2005
    ian408 wrote:
    Ann, these are great composites of the season and I'm sure the
    families will love them!

Ian
    Thanks, Ian. They have been very well recieved so far - to the point parents are talking to me about them in the grocery store!:D
    ann
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2005
    Those are fantastic, Ann. I am terribly impressed.

You are talented with that!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2005
    Nice work Ann. clap.gif Last year I photographed almost every game and ever girl on my kids baseball team .I then burned 20 cds and we gave then to Coaches and Parents at the closing party.
    I hope to photo more baseball this year.

Tim