Options

Window

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited February 7, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Curious as to how others percieve this image....

249743522-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Curious as to how others perceive this image....

Looks like someone needs to clean the windows.
    There appears to be some kind of green algae or moss growing on the window, probably from the outside.

I like the weathered feel to this image, the colours look good.
    There is a sense of abandonment, but that may not be so.

Nice shot, I like it a lot thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    Hey Jeff,

What i think I like most about this shot is the tracery of light around the top and bottom edge of the window and the left side. Even cooler is the fact that the top/bottom is empty space and the left is reflected light on the windowsill. It frames the subject really nicely. :D

I agree with Skippy, that the moss or algae on the glass gives it a really nice weathered feeling. And the little people you see out... really great juxtaposition! thumb.gif

Curious as to why the top of the image is parallel but the bottom is skewed. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Hey Jeff,

What i think I like most about this shot is the tracery of light around the top and bottom edge of the window and the left side. Even cooler is the fact that the top/bottom is empty space and the left is reflected light on the windowsill. It frames the subject really nicely. :D

I agree with Skippy, that the moss or algae on the glass gives it a really nice weathered feeling. And the little people you see out... really great juxtaposition! thumb.gif

Curious as to why the top of the image is parallel but the bottom is skewed. headscratch.gif

I also like the light leaks around the window. If you look closely, the top is also skewed. I made an attempt to straighten things out but wasn't happy with the results, so I went with the original. THis is a composite of two different versions of a RAW file. The window panes are nearly 100% contrast among other adjustments. The foreground recieved a big boost in exposure....hence the noise.

Thanks for taking a look and commenting.
  • Options
    Mr. 2H2OMr. 2H2O Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    I like to take shots like this and my personal preference is to focus on the person and have the window and "stuff" in-between blurred...just my personal concepts.

I do like how I see your picture - at first I notice the old window - very interesting to view, but then I note a mysterious person way in the background - its leads me to present an element of mystery that would not be in the picture otherwise - its really cool.
    Olympus E-30
    IR Modified Sony F717
    http://2H2OPhoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2008
    Mr. 2H2O wrote:
    I like to take shots like this and my personal preference is to focus on the person and have the window and "stuff" in-between blurred...just my personal concepts.

I do like how I see your picture - at first I notice the old window - very interesting to view, but then I note a mysterious person way in the background - its leads me to present an element of mystery that would not be in the picture otherwise - its really cool.

Thanks for looking. I have seen shots done as you stated....with the window out of focus, and the BG in sharper focus. I guess my taste is such that out of focus elements close to the camera turn me off. There are actually two folks walking back there. I may go back and trim the tree in PS to bring the second walker into a more prevelent view. I could also use a tripod and stretch my DOF to the max. ...although with the focus tapering off in the distance I feel it looks more natural.