Options

Crumpler Bags?

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited March 12, 2005 in Accessories
I went to their site, and I don't see a Farmer's Bag, a Shrinkler, etc.

I did see a Puppet. I found the site by clicking on Andy's click here thing in a search I did.

I did this, because I am developing lower back pain, never had that before, so it is joining my upper back pain..........well, I know I will end up in PT, I always do, but at the same time, it is my responsibility to be responsible.

I have a 50.00 (And I thought that was expensive) Tamrac. I do not have a portable computer. I have the 20D, The 300 Prime (and I like to have it with me, and I know that is a contributing factor, love that lens), the 70-200L, and the 17-40L, and I have the kitchen sink.

That includes the wolverine memory storage, the cf cards, batteries, flash (not needed most of the time)..........sometimes, usually, I put essentials such as a flashlight and my billfold in the backpack type case I have and leave my purse, so I like big.

I am confused re the names, no farmer, etc. I looked at all the bags I found. I know I am going to be proven an idiot, but that is preferable to back pain and spasms.

And did these bags make that much difference. Bill will carry nothing. (It hurts his back)

g
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2005
    Ginger, I think Crumpler's web site is just too hip for you! naughty.gif If you click and drag the big animal over to the right, it reveals a bunch of bag icons. Each one is a category. Run your cursor over them, their titles should pop-up. Click on each one to see the offerings.

http://www.crumplerbags.com/home.php
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2005
    The concept behind their website is fun, but funcionally I do not find their site very useful. I have one of their catalogs which is much better, they have a download of it, but you will have to find it on their homepage.

Here are direct links to the two items you asked about, by doing this you may not see all the other products they offer, to do that use the page wxwax linked to.

Farmer's Double

Schrinkle
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2005
    I just want to point out in my defense of a hip old lady, uh, woman, uh, photographer..........I did click on the animal, a pig,I pulled him over, and I chose the camera who gave me bags. The puppet was 180.00 and looked good, now I will go to the specific ones that someone found for me.

Maybe they have different animals for senior citizens.

ginger
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2005
    That was great, I saw everything. Honestly, I couldn't last time. My computer had been on all day. I turned it off for an hour, maybe it felt better.

I wonder why the Schrinkle is the most expensive.

Tell me about the comforts..........the one I have now only has the one strap, that was how I used my backpack in college when I was 45, so I didn't think I needed two.

Is it really that much more comfortable????

My back does not hurt as bad now as it did Monday and Tues, but by Tues nite, I was so tired, hurt so many places, and my back in particular. I have stayed home because I didn't need to leave.:D But obviously carting that stuff is not helping me physically.

But will the Schrinkle really help that much? headscratch.gif

ginger

Am I the only woman on this list that carries a lot of heavy equipment?
    I wonder if any of them have something like the Schrinkle.eek7.gif
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2005
    Just in case you all are following my posts and angst over this bag thing, I will tell you my thinking now.

Yes, I will get the bag. It might be almost all of my money, with a bit left for food. But compared to the money I have in my camera and lenses the cost of the bag pales.

I go to places like the beach, I get stuck in the rain, I just think this bag will keep my stuff safer. The bag I have now might be almost good enough, but to my surprise, if it rains hard enough, the wet goes through the bag.

So, now all I have to do is order it. And my guilt and angst is gone.

Thanks all of you for your support rolleyes1.gif . No I have read the thread just below mine and everything I could find, the info was there, such as it is.

ginger
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Just in case you all are following my posts and angst over this bag thing, I will tell you my thinking now.

Yes, I will get the bag. It might be almost all of my money, with a bit left for food. But compared to the money I have in my camera and lenses the cost of the bag pales.

I go to places like the beach, I get stuck in the rain, I just think this bag will keep my stuff safer. The bag I have now might be almost good enough, but to my surprise, if it rains hard enough, the wet goes through the bag.

So, now all I have to do is order it. And my guilt and angst is gone.

Thanks all of you for your support rolleyes1.gif . No I have read the thread just below mine and everything I could find, the info was there, such as it is.

ginger

ginger, have you thought about using your current bag, and getting a monopod instead?

don't get me wrong, i love the crumplers. i use the farmer's double. and i owned the shrinkle when i had my 10d and 20d... great bags, super comfortable.

but maybe, you could do with your tamrac for a while longer? ear.gif