Options

Two major problems ... PLEASE help. (Please?)

LA LandscapesLA Landscapes Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
edited February 11, 2008 in SmugMug Support
In addition to the first problem I posted about, to which I've yet to receive a reply, I've encountered two new problems.

www.lalandscapes.com

1) I have a slideshow in my Bio box on my home page. It's stopped working in Firefox, though it still works in IE7. In FF, all I have is the Smugmug icon in the Flash player, and "Waiting for api.smugmug.com..." in the status bar. I just posted a link to my page on another forum, so this is pretty embarrassing. This was working fine until about an hour ago. I'm hoping it's a smugmug glich that will be fixed by the time I get up in the morning.

2) I deleted one of the photos that was simultaneously appearing in my "most popular photos" gallery. In FF, the picture is still there (!), and in IE7 I get a missing graphic icon.

Please, please help. Both of these are affecting my home page.

I'm reminded of the Seinfeld quote when Elaine put the Urban Sombrero on the cover of the J. Peterman catalog:

"No one reads the ... cover."

Thanks

JT

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2008
    In addition to the first problem I posted about, to which I've yet to receive a reply, I've encountered two new problems.

www.lalandscapes.com

1) I have a slideshow in my Bio box on my home page. It's stopped working in Firefox, though it still works in IE7. In FF, all I have is the Smugmug icon in the Flash player, and "Waiting for api.smugmug.com..." in the status bar. I just posted a link to my page on another forum, so this is pretty embarrassing. This was working fine until about an hour ago. I'm hoping it's a smugmug glich that will be fixed by the time I get up in the morning.
    It is actually working incorrectly in IE, probably cached or something. You have external links set to 'no' for your favorites gallery. Set that to 'yes' and you should be fine thumb.gif
    2) I deleted one of the photos that was simultaneously appearing in my "most popular photos" gallery. In FF, the picture is still there (!), and in IE7 I get a missing graphic icon.
    You have a link to that picture or gallery? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    It is actually working incorrectly in IE, probably cached or something. You have external links set to 'no' for your favorites gallery. Set that to 'yes' and you should be fine thumb.gif
    Awesome. Thanks, Ivar. I did a ctrl-refresh in IE and it still worked. Weird. Whew!
    ivar wrote:
    You have a link to that picture or gallery? ear.gif
    http://www.lalandscapes.com/popular/3/251806508_gmmp4#251806508

The thumb still shows up in the gallery itself, but not on the home page (in IE).
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2008
    Awesome. Thanks, Ivar. I did a ctrl-refresh in IE and it still worked. Weird. Whew!

http://www.lalandscapes.com/popular/3/251806508_gmmp4#251806508

The thumb still shows up in the gallery itself, but not on the home page (in IE).
    Better? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    Better? ear.gif
    Sadly, not quite yet.

If I click into the Popular Photos gallery, the thumbnail is gone. Perfect.

But if I go to the Home Page, it's still showing as a missing graphic. And it only shows if I ctrl-refresh the page, not if I just navigate to it.

I launched IE6 on another computer and it showed right away on the Home Page as a missing graphic.
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2008
    Sadly, not quite yet.

If I click into the Popular Photos gallery, the thumbnail is gone. Perfect.

But if I go to the Home Page, it's still showing as a missing graphic. And it only shows if I ctrl-refresh the page, not if I just navigate to it.

I launched IE6 on another computer and it showed right away on the Home Page as a missing graphic.
    Give it a minute and then try clearing your cache? Does that work?
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    Give it a minute and then try clearing your cache? Does that work?
    Ahhh, betttttttteeerrr.

Is this something that would have resolved itself without your intervention? Will I be able to delete photos that are in "popular photos" in the future without having to go through this?

Thank you SO MUCH for the quick reply and for the fix.

JT
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2008
    Ahhh, betttttttteeerrr.

Is this something that would have resolved itself without your intervention? Will I be able to delete photos that are in "popular photos"?

Thank you SO MUCH for the quick reply and for the fix.

JT
    well, i need to investigate if this is actually what I think it is, first. I *think* it's an old problem that came back for some reason, where popular photos don't get deleted, until you set the photoRank to 0.
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    well, i need to investigate if this is actually what I think it is, first. I *think* it's an old problem that came back for some reason, where popular photos don't get deleted, until you set the photoRank to 0.
    Ok. Well, I don't think I'll be deleting many "popular photos," so it shouldn't be an issue. At least not for me.

Regarding my other post (referenced in the first post of this thread), any idea why when I click a picture (to view small, medium or large) in IE7 it pops up below the page?