VENDOR: fotoflot.com

13»

Comments

• tommcatommca Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited February 11, 2008
    BeemerChef wrote:
    Love the idea and wish "galleries" would adopt your system... of course the photographers would need to also! Any thoughts about displaying in a Gallery for a Show on a temporary bases? (without drilling their walls!). Desk mount will not work as there is not enough flat space.
    Great website also...
    Thank you and be well...
    Ara
    Ara, thanks for your kind comments. in fact we have thought about ways to mount wall brackets on a temporary basis. We haven't had time to get serious about it yet, but we intend to keep innovating in the mounting area.
  • dadwtwinsdadwtwins Registered Users Posts: 804 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    fotoflot goods
    As a lucky benefactor of 5 prints using the fotoflot unique mounting system, i must say I am very pleased.

One of our members in the smugmug community bought me a couple of my pictures mounted with the fotoflot method. When i first heard of this, i was a little comprehensive. I am old fashion and always picked frames for my photo displays.

When they arrived, i was very pleased by the results and even more pleased by the way these pictures mount to the wall. This is a great product and I hope it becomes more and more successful as it is a great way to display your work or others work on your walls.clap.gif

Fotoflot, thank you very much for your excellent products. You now have a loyal customer that will continue to praise your efforts.thumb.gif
    My Homepage :thumb-->http://dthorp.smugmug.com
    My Photo Blog -->http://dthorpphoto.blogspot.com/
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    dadwtwins wrote:
    When i first heard of this, i was a little comprehensive.

Huh? You mean "a little apprehensive"?headscratch.gif
  • dadwtwinsdadwtwins Registered Users Posts: 804 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    Huh? You mean "a little apprehensive"?headscratch.gif

rolleyes1.gifMe no say me spoke english good, hehehehe

thank you for clarifying my mistakebowdown.gif .

rolleyes1.gifcomprehensive = of large scope; covering or involving much

thumb.gifApprehensive = viewing the future with anxiety or alarm

My Homepage :thumb-->http://dthorp.smugmug.com
    My Photo Blog -->http://dthorpphoto.blogspot.com/
  • BeemerChefBeemerChef Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2008
    How much can we substract from the cost price if NOT purchasing the wall mount (aware of the two discs on the photo).

Thanks... Ara
    The Oasis of my Soul our Blog and Life Therapy...
    My Gallery in progress...
    On the road, homeless, with my buddy Spirit...
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 17, 2008
    BeemerChef wrote:
    What happened?... hello?.... or allo?:D
    Ara, although Tom keeps a close watch on this thread, it is certainly not an official line of communication with Fotoflot. If this is a pressing issue, I suggest you email Tom directly, his email is right in the sig line of his posts:

tom@sentiam.com
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• BeemerChefBeemerChef Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    Thanks Eric... will e mail.
    Be well.
    Ara
    The Oasis of my Soul our Blog and Life Therapy...
    My Gallery in progress...
    On the road, homeless, with my buddy Spirit...
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2009
    Another positive vote for flots

Sweet!

My first image:
    456057976_2pMUR-XL.jpg

My second image (taken after setting the camera's custom W.B. after using an expodisc). This second image has no other color corrections. My basement walls are smugmug green. O.k. - not that green - but still green nonetheless.
    458585149_LBygp-XL.jpg
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2009
    RogersDA wrote:
    Another positive vote for flots

Sweet!

456057976_2pMUR-XL.jpg
    Hey, I know that shot :D

wave.gif
    edited January 16, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Hey, I know that shot :D

wave.gif
    So sorry for making ya' wait on that. I am healed - but the spouse is ailing big time. I am going to run a few suggestions to Juergen regarding the mounts, too.
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2009
    I like the product and have ordered a single print that cost me $70. To fill up a small wall like Andy did, would cost somewhere near $1000 or more. Fotoflots really require grouping to look good (imo), and I find it very expensive indeed. Am I the only one that feels this way or am I missing something?headscratch.gif

Respectfully,

Dan
    dlplumer wrote:
    I like the product and have ordered a single print that cost me $70. To fill up a small wall like Andy did, would cost somewhere near $1000 or more. Fotoflots really require grouping to look good (imo), and I find it very expensive indeed. Am I the only one that feels this way or am I missing something?headscratch.gif

Respectfully,

Dan
    Yup - those prints are not cheap.

Do you have yours yet? i would be interested to see the mounting system they provided on the back and the mounting frame. Comparing to mine...
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    While they are definitely not cheap, they are really good. I actually prefer this type of printing and mounting over paper in glass and framing.

I do iloveyou.gif fotoflot!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • CrossbarphotoCrossbarphoto Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    I hung my first Fotoflot order this past week. I really like the print and the mounting system. I would love a Dgrin special price to help with my wall coverage I have planned. But as was stated above, it is looking like about $1,000 to cover what I want and money is just too tight right now for that.
  • bbpbbp Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 2, 2009
    just received my first order - shipping was fast, packaging was great, products looks very well! will surely order more prints in the future
  • dirtbikejunkiedirtbikejunkie Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited December 10, 2009
    do we still receive a discount via smugmug partnership? I am not seeing how/where the discount is applied
  • tommcatommca Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited December 10, 2009
    do we still receive a discount via smugmug partnership? I am not seeing how/where the discount is applied
    dirtbikejunkie, the 10% discount was an introductory offer. We did extend it for a year, but it was discountinued about a year ago. We still continue to provide free shipping on all orders. Let me know if you have any other questions.