Options

Digital Grin vs Firefox

KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
edited March 13, 2005 in Dgrin Forum Support
Suddenly this afternoon I was no longer able to post to any Digital grin forums with the Firefox browser. I can type in a title to the post, but in the window for entering text, linking photographs, etc. - I can't get anything to work. None of the text editing icons work, nor the ones for linking.

Up until this afternoon, I've been using Firefox successfully with Dgrin for several weeks. It still works just fine for other web site's forums.

I re-installed Mozilla so that I could post this and also tested Windows Explorer; both of which work fine.

I'd really like to continue using Firefox. Any ideas or suggestions for correcting this will be appreciated.

Kent
"Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
Web site

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2005
    KMCC wrote:
    Suddenly this afternoon I was no longer able to post to any Digital grin forums with the Firefox browser. I can type in a title to the post, but in the window for entering text, linking photographs, etc. - I can't get anything to work. None of the text editing icons work, nor the ones for linking.

Up until this afternoon, I've been using Firefox successfully with Dgrin for several weeks. It still works just fine for other web site's forums.

I re-installed Mozilla so that I could post this and also tested Windows Explorer; both of which work fine.

I'd really like to continue using Firefox. Any ideas or suggestions for correcting this will be appreciated.

hmmm i'm posting right now with firefox (tho i normally use safari). firefox v1.0 from mozilla.org

cheers
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2005
    andy wrote:
    hmmm i'm posting right now with firefox (tho i normally use safari). firefox v1.0 from mozilla.org

cheers
    This is very strange. I even re-installed Firefox, but I still can't get it to work. At least I can use Mozilla until I figure this out.

Kent
    Web site
  • Options
    bkrietebkriete Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2005
    My FF seems to be working fine...
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2005
    Problem solved. I had corrupted something in my Firefox profile. Someday, I'll learn to quit playing around with things that I don't understand.

Kent
    Web site
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2005
    KMCC wrote:
    Problem solved. I had corrupted something in my Firefox profile. Someday, I'll learn to quit playing around with things that I don't understand.
    Great, now help me get Photoshop working again. umph.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au