Options

Printing books - 80 copies or so

NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
edited February 13, 2008 in Mind Your Own Business
I might be taking on a project next year which would require me to get about 80 coppies of a 50-page booklet printed in full color. The person who did it this year used a local printer. The paper and the binding looked good, but the image quality didn't impress me.
I made a blurb book recently with photos from my last vacation, and the image quality was very good! I think their pricing is set up more for single-sale retail type business, while my target is more akin to a soft-cover yearbook.
The Blurb price for a 41-80 page soft-cover book is $21.95. With an order of 80, I'd qualify for a %10 discount, but that's still a lot for a wholesale price.

Does anyone here have any suggestions for a good quality, small-run booklet printer?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    zoebluezoeblue Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    softcover photo books
    Nimai wrote:
    I might be taking on a project next year which would require me to get about 80 coppies of a 50-page booklet printed in full color. The person who did it this year used a local printer. The paper and the binding looked good, but the image quality didn't impress me.
    I made a blurb book recently with photos from my last vacation, and the image quality was very good! I think their pricing is set up more for single-sale retail type business, while my target is more akin to a soft-cover yearbook.
    The Blurb price for a 41-80 page soft-cover book is $21.95. With an order of 80, I'd qualify for a %10 discount, but that's still a lot for a wholesale price.

Does anyone here have any suggestions for a good quality, small-run booklet printer?

Thanks.

Hi Nimai,

If you have a Mac computer and iPhoto, you can print softcover photo books. I've used them before and the quality was similar to Blurb's. Prices start at $19.99 for the first 20 pages (10 sheets) of an 8 x 11 book and each additional page is $.69. There are other larger sizes offered. Here's the link: http://www.apple.com/ilife/iphoto/printproducts.html
    "Life is unchartered territory. It reveals its story one moment at a time." (Leo Buscaglia)

www.zoebluephotography.com