Options

Ghosts ?

jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
edited February 14, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Good Evening,
If you ever wondered about spirits or ghosts, then wonder no more. These pictures were taken back in 2004 in St Mary's County at the St Michaels Manor Inn. My wife was with me and we were alone at the time. Also, there were no other guests on the property. I took a few different pictures of the cemetary and when I looked at them later, I really didn't see anything unusual, until...the other night. I noticed 2 figures (orange arrows) that I hadn't noticed before. Now my wife was NEXT to me, so that's what makes it interesting. These pictures were not photoshopped or edited in any way, other then cropped and brightened a bit. Have a good evening :D
Jim...

Comments

• Options
    edited February 13, 2008
    The 2nd picture that does not show anything in the area.
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    the trees in the background do not look the same and the lighting is different ??????headscratch.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2008
    jwear wrote:
    the trees in the background do not look the same and the lighting is different ??????headscratch.gif
    Good Evening,
    If you look at the big gray tombstone in the first picture, then look at it again in the 2nd picture, you'll see that there is nothing along side the fence in the 2nd picture by the gate. The apparitions (or whatever) in the 1st picture are standing by the gate and are not visible in the 2nd picture, which was taken about 1 minute later. Have a good evening :D
    Jim...
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2008
    jgoetz4 wrote:
    Good Evening,
    If you ever wondered about spirits or ghosts, then wonder no more. These pictures were taken back in 2004 in St Mary's County at the St Michaels Manor Inn. My wife was with me and we were alone at the time. Also, there were no other guests on the property. I took a few different pictures of the cemetary and when I looked at them later, I really didn't see anything unusual, until...the other night. I noticed 2 figures (orange arrows) that I hadn't noticed before. Now my wife was NEXT to me, so that's what makes it interesting. These pictures were not photoshopped or edited in any way, other then cropped and brightened a bit. Have a good evening :D
    Jim...

I guess only you know what you saw Jim.
    Kind of hard to make out what your arrows are trying to show.

I'm sure it will be a talking piece for you for some years to come.

Thanks for sharing your images thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    I guess only you know what you saw Jim.
    Kind of hard to make out what your arrows are trying to show.

I'm sure it will be a talking piece for you for some years to come.

Thanks for sharing your images thumb.gif ... Skippy :D

Morning Skippy :D
    If you look under the arrow tips, it looks like someone or something is standing there. Maybe it's my imagination, but if you look in the 2nd picture, there is nothing by the gate. Have a good day :D
    Jim...

Also, whatever it is, it appears to be inside the wrought iron fence.
  • Options
    zackerzacker Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2008
    lol...AHhhhhhh ghosts! it does look like someone but its prolly just some bushes or something. I read somewhere that digital sensors dont have the range needed to capture ghosts... youd need some sort of IR type filters and / or Heat sensors or something... anyhow, I dont believe in ghosts anyhow... nice, interesting shot though, can you post a tight crop of the spot with the "ghosts"? a close up if you will? thanx!
    http://www.brokenfencephotography.com :D

www.theanimalhaven.com :thumb

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2008
    zacker wrote:
    lol...AHhhhhhh ghosts! it does look like someone but its prolly just some bushes or something. I read somewhere that digital sensors dont have the range needed to capture ghosts... youd need some sort of IR type filters and / or Heat sensors or something... anyhow, I dont believe in ghosts anyhow... nice, interesting shot though, can you post a tight crop of the spot with the "ghosts"? a close up if you will? thanx!
    Good Morning :D ,
    Not sure just what it is, but whatever it is, it's not visible in the 2nd picture. There is nothing around the gate or the side of the wrought iron fence in the 2nd picture. This was taken with a Sony F717 camera. Not sure what the crop will look like, but I'll try later this afternoon. It is interesting though.
    Have a good day :D
    Jim...