Options

Ashley in her wedding dress

rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
edited February 14, 2008 in Weddings
This is one of my clients, Ashley. She wanted to do something unique and sexy. She also mentioned that she just got married and she happens to have pvc boots, latex suit and latex gloves that she wore last halloween.. so I figured we'd use both :)

2260978643_d3b42a0e7a_o.jpg

2191381010_dba05d7dd1_o.jpg

Comments

• Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    I love the style of these photos, but that chair is killing the mood!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2008
    urbanaries wrote:

agreed! i just didnt have anything else to use... either that, or my dining room chair.. lol
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    urbanaries wrote:

I agree.

The lighting is beautiful though.

Also she has a bite(?) on her right leg. Looks odd with everything else so buttery smooth.

Thats one wicked looking bride.......in a good way.

thumb.gif
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    Only my opinion
    The dual concept.....not working...I don't see sexy...The overall skin treatment (in this particular case) leaves her cold. They lean toward "distant" in expression and pose.....hard to articulate. It's a great idea and the lighting is right on....I see her standing/posing/bending/moving/something other than sitting in a chair thinking of taking a nap (sorry.....just looks that way to me) :D
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    The dual concept.....not working...I don't see sexy...The overall skin treatment (in this particular case) leaves her cold. They lean toward "distant" in expression and pose.....hard to articulate. It's a great idea and the lighting is right on....I see her standing/posing/bending/moving/something other than sitting in a chair thinking of taking a nap (sorry.....just looks that way to me) :D

thanks for the critique. I really should learn more on how to pose the model/subject.

not quite understand what u meant about 'distant' in expression and pose? the expression doesnt quite compliment the pose?
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    rhommel wrote:
    thanks for the critique. I really should learn more on how to pose the model/subject.

not quite understand what u meant about 'distant' in expression and pose? the expression doesnt quite compliment the pose?

rhommel: The distant look on her face leaves the viewer a bit "unmoved". It sort of fits with the relaxed pose in the chair but I guess with the dress and latex, numerous possibilities come to mind....fun stuff.....exciting/sexy/expressive looks in the eyes....animated mannerisms...hands in the air, etc. You could capture the good/bad look in one shot with the right pose.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    rhommel: The distant look on her face leaves the viewer a bit "unmoved". It sort of fits with the relaxed pose in the chair but I guess with the dress and latex, numerous possibilities come to mind....fun stuff.....exciting/sexy/expressive looks in the eyes....animated mannerisms...hands in the air, etc. You could capture the good/bad look in one shot with the right pose.

ahh.. thanks man! i need these critiques to make my photography better...

thanks again!
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited February 12, 2008
    I like the look and the highlights of the second. And I like the style. Not sure
    about the chair and the first looks a tad OE.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    I like the first shot. Lots of tension. A pretty girl in a virginous dress with the latex. Brrrrr . . . .
    There's no other way to say it though, I think she looks hideous in the second. Skin tones are ghoulish.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    mrpillesmrpilles Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited February 14, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:

I sure agree with this one. She looks as if you are pointing a gun at her to make her pose. Anything but fun.