Options

Smugmug for paper down loads?

MRudlandMRudland Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
edited February 15, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I am wondering if anyone here uses their smugmug site for selling things like digital scrap book paper downloads? I dabble in digital scrapbooking and was recently asked if I would be interested in selling some of my designs? I thought that with the ablity to sell a download with either personal or comercial licenses, it might work with sm. The only thing I wonder about is the ablity to upload layered files if I were to start getting "fancy" with it?
Anyone? just wondering and since I love SM so much, I thought that perhaps this could be a natural off-shoot of using it?
Michelle

Comments

• Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    I think it would certainly work for this purpose. Great idea!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    MRudland wrote:
    I am wondering if anyone here uses their smugmug site for selling things like digital scrap book paper downloads? I dabble in digital scrapbooking and was recently asked if I would be interested in selling some of my designs? I thought that with the ablity to sell a download with either personal or comercial licenses, it might work with sm. The only thing I wonder about is the ablity to upload layered files if I were to start getting "fancy" with it?
    Anyone? just wondering and since I love SM so much, I thought that perhaps this could be a natural off-shoot of using it?
    Michelle
    Can't do layered files. But you can upload jpgs, sell via a "print" if you wish an have the transaction come through us, then ship them off a layered file via yousendit.com, or regular email.

Or you can do the whole transaction through paypal or google checkout.

http://wiki.smugmug.com/display/SmugMug/Add+Google+Checkout+or+Paypal
  • Options
    MRudlandMRudland Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2008
    Yes, I need to think on this some more...I could certainly sell the papers and really if the person is good enough to be working in any form of PS, they should be able to remove an image from a white or black background and use it the way they have envisioned....

hhhhmmmm.....

Michelle