Girl on the Street

PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
edited February 16, 2008 in Street and Documentary
I just thought that this girl really captured the New York attitude as well as the fast paced times we are living in. Any comments?
193578123_SEky2-L.jpg
David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
My Website
Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |

Comments

• Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2008
    great shot~!

i agree with the image conveys something about our timeset. the bg is typical NY (in my eyes) but the big sunglasses and cellphone tell something about our age in which a lot of communication is done from distance.

it certainly is a interesting shot! thumb.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2008
    I like the energy. Nice capturethumb.gif
  • bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2008
    Wonderful image - what is your process for B&W conversion? It's really well done here.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2008
    I think the B&W treatment makes this good shot great!

Nice grab!
  • PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2008
    basically I desaturate with photoshop, mess around with curves for the contrast, then do alot of dodging and burning to add texture and light.
    My Website
  • KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2008
    dtw78 wrote:
    I just thought that this girl really captured the New York attitude as well as the fast paced times we are living in. Any comments?
    Love it! Curious about what gear you lug around the streets that enables you to catch shots like this? I really like it, and as a (suburban) NY'er think it would be a blast to shoot on the streets as you have done here. NYC is just one big photo opp, and even though most shots (not yours) have been taken a million times, I'd love to try it myself.
  • PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2008
    KED wrote:
    Love it! Curious about what gear you lug around the streets that enables you to catch shots like this? I really like it, and as a (suburban) NY'er think it would be a blast to shoot on the streets as you have done here. NYC is just one big photo opp, and even though most shots (not yours) have been taken a million times, I'd love to try it myself.

Pentax k10d .....i hold it down around my chest so it doesn't look like i'm shooting and pray the shot comes out focused and straight
    My Website
  • dadwtwinsdadwtwins Registered Users Posts: 804 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2008
    dtw78 wrote:
    Pentax k10d .....i hold it down around my chest so it doesn't look like i'm shooting and pray the shot comes out focused and straight

Great idea. Thank goodness for auto foucsrolleyes1.gif.

I like the shot, the cell, big glasses, typical busy corner and what ties it all together for me as a NY scene is the Yellow Cab. Good timed capturethumb.gif
    My Homepage :thumb-->http://dthorp.smugmug.com
    My Photo Blog -->http://dthorpphoto.blogspot.com/