Options

Salt Lake City

bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
edited February 16, 2008 in Journeys
A few shots from my time in SLC last summer while training for my job. I was out in Salt Lake for about seven weeks and wanted to get around the city and see what is was like. [oops...probably wrong area, mods please move if necessary]

#1 - The train in SLC (filter effect added)

191695179_5HXCz-M.jpg

#2 - The Mormom Temple with a couple after getting married.

191695332_REDdf-M.jpg

#3 - 'Downtown'

191695658_a6ypi-M.jpg

#4 - Keep out

191691773_dtMDa-M.jpg

#5 - Going home

191692776_bSuvq-M.jpg

c&c appreciated :) Cheers! -Nick

Comments

• Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    I really like the 1st one. Also - that storage place with the 'downtown' written on it was there when I lived there years ago. Great city.
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    I agree....#1 is thumb.gif Looks like the second one is tilting a little. Good photos..thanks for sharing :D
  • Options
    DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    i'm from Salt Lake, and boy I sure miss it. what a beautiful town. If you ever get a chance to shoot the mountains in the winter time from the valley or go up into the mountains in spring and find the meadows filled with flowers in what seems like a sea of temperate desert dirt... I'm betting those would make for some excellent photos. I sure miss my mountains. Now I'm stuck in big city Baltimore, MD. *sigh*
    Modus Imagery
    Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
    Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    i will be there tomorrow, i will see what i can capture & share:D
    lets hope for some good light!
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    Great loved the 1st one
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    dadwtwinsdadwtwins Registered Users Posts: 804 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2008
    Your first pic is by far the best of the bunch. It is a timeless shot, even if a clock is in the pic:D, and is exactly what you want in a picture. clap.gif

The second shot is a hard one to get. I took the same shot last year but just could not get it the way i wanted> I ended up going at a slight angle to avoid the leaning affect.--> Salt Lake City
    My Homepage :thumb-->http://dthorp.smugmug.com
    My Photo Blog -->http://dthorpphoto.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2008
    I appreciate the kudos! Especially from folks who have much more talent than myself :)
  • Options
    bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2008
    Great work - spent so much time in Salt Lake - great city. My personal favorite is "Keep Out' - great quality of light in that shot.

I wish the tops of the spires were not cut off in the temple shot.......its a great one too.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw