Options

Reflections

Mark EdellMark Edell Registered Users Posts: 672 Major grins
edited February 18, 2008 in Landscapes
Ok, I will admit that landscape photography is my weak spot but I liked this area and thought this one turned out ok. This is the mouth of the Hamma Hamma River in Washington State. Sorry for the watermark.

<o:p> </o:p>
Feel free to critique.

254921847_9yfi8-L-6.jpg

Comments

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    Mark,

Thanks for putting your work up to the block. :D No better way to improve a weak spot than to throw yourself right in.

I love the symmetry of the relfection, I agree. It's not often you see water that is still enough to act as a mirror.

This shots makes me want to see either more trees or more mountains. Not sure the 50/50 split between the two formations is doing much for me because I don't know which one I'm supposed to be looking at.

Landscapes are difficult because they're so big, it's tough to find order in the wild when you can't rearrange things yourself. :D Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    In this case, a 50/50 is a good thing...IMO. I would crop it to have the horizon in the middle. Well done! thumb.gif
  • Options
    Mark EdellMark Edell Registered Users Posts: 672 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    Thanks for the comments and suggestions! My problem is: when it comes to landscapes, I hate to cut anything out. My mind says to crop it a certain way but I just can’t get out the digital scissors. I don’t have that problem with any other type of shot. I’ll work on it, promise. :D