Options

Separation of Church and State

bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
edited February 18, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
You really can only have a certain level of this separation before you start getting away from what our founding fathers really envisioned for this country.

p374651382.jpg

Critiques and comments are always welcome and appreciated.
Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    bauerman wrote:
    You really can only have a certain level of this separation before you start getting away from what our founding fathers really envisioned for this country.

Critiques and comments are always welcome and appreciated.

People turned their backs on him, but he never left :D

A very good shot, I don't particularly like these kind of statues.
    I'm curious as to why the small fingers on both hands seem to be missing or broken off? or am I missing something here?

You've done well to islote the statue from the sky behind.
    Nice and sharp with the American Flag visible in the background.

Got a little dirty spot in the sky top left hand corner slightly down a bit.

Thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2008
    Thanks for taking a look Skippy.....I am not sure why the pinky fingers on the statue are missing - I can only assume vandals.

Thanks for pointing out the "dirty spot" in the corner of the photo, might be time for cleaning of the sensor on the ole' 20D.

Do you have a lot of angst over the separation of church and state in Australia? I lived there for a few years but never really noticed anything in the news about it while I was there. Just curious.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    Nice job, Jared thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Nice job, Jared thumb.gif

Thanks Andy for taking the time to stop by and have a look, I appreciate it.
  • Options
    Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    i like the flag hidden away in the BG contrasting (jesus?) the statue looking at his hands and the symbolism of the fact that the statue is being chipped away/broken down.

personally i dont agree with you, i think religion should have a place in ones heart, not in governments but i think you conveyed the image well. thumb.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2008
    i like the flag hidden away in the BG contrasting (jesus?) the statue looking at his hands and the symbolism of the fact that the statue is being chipped away/broken down.

personally i dont agree with you, i think religion should have a place in ones heart, not in governments but i think you conveyed the image well. thumb.gif

Thanks for stopping by to have a look, and for giving your opinion on the topic as well. I really did not even have the "chipped away" analogy in mind when I posted this - but I like your train of thought on that.

Thanks again.