Options

Would you buy this Iphone?.

ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
edited February 20, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
So my friend is selling an iphone and asked me to take the picture for the ad. It´s a bit overkill for just an adpicture but stil..If you gonna do it, den go all the way =).

Would you think this is a serious and good photo to put up on: for example E-bay?.

256437889_nRKAk-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    zackerzacker Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    nice looing shot... he might want a few different views though... no?
    http://www.brokenfencephotography.com :D

www.theanimalhaven.com :thumb

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
  • Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    Often the picture makes the sale. Your friend should be very grateful for you!
  • Options
    PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    Photoshop the USB cord out of it, it is a little distracting...

But I would buy it, if I already didn't own one ;)
    Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
    Glass: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 | Sigma 20 f1.8 | Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM
  • Options
    digitalpinsdigitalpins Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    good looking photo.... how much is your friend seling it for?
    www.lamontphotography.com
    Canon 60D
    Canon Rebel XTi (400)
    Canon 10-22mm, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
    MacBook, MacPro
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    This is a good Primary shot but your friend needs shots showing any "wear and tear" on the product also.....so the buyer doesnot complain that he thought it was as good as new...............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    Arvan wrote:
    So my friend is selling an iphone and asked me to take the picture for the ad. It´s a bit overkill for just an adpicture but stil..If you gonna do it, den go all the way =).

Would you think this is a serious and good photo to put up on: for example E-bay?.

Looks pretty darn good, but I too would like to know if it is in fact in Brand New Condition, or if there are scratches etc on it.

I'm sure your friend will be very pleased with the shot.
    Maybe you could have turned the iphone on ? show it lit up, not just the box with the picture on it?

All the Best thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    I agree it would be nice to see it turned on. The screen on the real one is a dead black hole compared to the one on the box!
  • Options
    ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    It´s brand new and never used. So no wear and tare on it..Absolutely flawless condition.

It will be sold in sweden, so the market here is a bit different since apple won´t allow us this fine piece of enginering :(.

Maby more views would be fine but still..It´s just an iphone and the buyer is aware of what it is?? xD. Anyways the ad is online atm. So i wich him good luck, cause he need the money :).

Thanx for looking: the response was way better then i thought it would be clap.gifclap.
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited February 20, 2008
    To me it looks like a picture of an Ipod box, with the Ipod as an accessory. There's great detail on the box, and very little on the Ipod. I'd put the Ipod closer in the foreground so that it appears much larger and with greater detail. Then the box can be further in the background, because who cares about it. Turning the Ipod on like somebody mentioned above would be a bonus.

Cheers,
    -joel