Options

Hmmm, so indecisive...

rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
edited March 15, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I have taken a ton of photos for this challenge...I would really appreciate some opinions...Here are my favourites so far...
www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso

Comments

• Options
    edited March 14, 2005

• Options
    edited March 14, 2005

• Options
    adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2005
    what is minimalism?
    if the challenge title were 'abstract', you'd be a strong contenter - "blue" is really nice.

if you have a sharp version of the orange, i'd enter that.

of course, many people with disagree with my interpretation of the challenge.
    rahmonster wrote:
    I have taken a ton of photos for this challenge...I would really appreciate some opinions...Here are my favourites so far...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • Options
    digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2005
    adrian_k wrote:
    if the challenge title were 'abstract', you'd be a strong contenter - "blue" is really nice.

if you have a sharp version of the orange, i'd enter that.

of course, many people with disagree with my interpretation of the challenge.
    I agree with adrian about the orange....even slices of orange (whole round ones), ooooh, what about a shot of an orange slice, there would be a lot of repetition of shapes there, I think that could be pretty minimal and cool as well. I dunno, I don't have an orange here. rolleyes1.gif

I also think abstract could work when dealing with shapes and strong lines.

nice work, I think you're gettin' there!!:):
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2005
    Dunno if any of them are "it" rah. But I will say that #2, the silver round thing (stove burner?), is kinda interesting. Two reasons: one, the sliver of the circle hints at things that are there but hidden, and that's always a bit of tension; and two, the blown-out silver quality of the plate is kinda cool.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2005
    The first shot works well for the challenge and catches my eye more than the other two.
  • Options
    aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2005
    rahmonster,

I like the concepts, although the last two are a little too washed out for me...I think the last one would have more of an effect if it had a balanced exposure and sharp focus, and maybe a little DOF..
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2005
    aero-nut wrote:
    rahmonster,

I like the concepts, although the last two are a little too washed out for me...I think the last one would have more of an effect if it had a balanced exposure and sharp focus, and maybe a little DOF..
    thanks for the comments. This challenge is really challenging me...funny thatrolleyes1.gif

here was the original...It's actually a lemon fridge magnetmwink.gif

• Options
    RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2005
    I think the last two in the first seem a bit too "empty" (if that makes any sense?). The last one is better little more "punch" to it, DOF and a bit more color that draws you in the lemon, the first set were kinda of on the bright side al well almost hurt to look at them. Not sure about the very first, not even sure what it is and I think in this minimal doesn't mean "abstract" or unrecognizable, but rather just reducing something to it essential nature while still being able to tell what you are looking at.

RM
    http://roadrunes.com
    "It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D