Options

A Day In The New Studio

photoshowphotoshow Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
edited February 22, 2008 in People
Hi everyone,it has been quite a while since I popped in here, actually I lurk and admire work on a fairly regular basis but I don't post much.

Well recently I moved from Orange County to Las Vegas and opened a big beautiful Commercial Studio here calledVegas Vision

Since opening the doors it has been a whirlwind of activity, remodeling the buidling, shooting and processing images not to mention the hard work of cutting through ll the Governmental Red Tape that goes with opening a new business. Anywise if I may I would like to take a bit of a departure from my day to day business of running the studio and show you all a day in the life at Vegas Vision.

Today was a model portfolio building day for a new model on the scene here. She has been a dancer for a long while and after doing a 7 month stint on a Cruise Ship Entertainer she felt it was time to try modeling and keep her feet on dry land for awhile. As LV is the land of Convention work we started her with a nice conservitive business look.

257072870_kPj9Z-S.jpg
257072871_wrB3x-S.jpg
Then moved on to the cyc for some casual retro fashions
257072868_NpJry-S.jpg
Then we started bouncing around the studio for some industrial grunge fashion
257072877_SBXj9-S.jpg
257072879_kGNJN-S.jpg
257072884_k7N7j-S.jpg
Here is a nice view of the quality color blending a professional MUA (Debra Weite) can give you
257072886_zGwG4-S.jpg
Then it was back to the cyc for some western themed fashions
257072887_zmzvr-S.jpg
Then Becky my studio manager stopped by to help with the next series but I think the model must have farted on set during this behind the scenes shot.
257072901_kz8Zs-S.jpg
Today's model was seriously flexible
257072905_cKRFk-S.jpg
But I think this town is starting to get to her
257072919_GjVug-S.jpg
and while she could have been a star
257072921_SN2Ra-S.jpg
I think her show is over
257072926_ofYpH-S.jpg
So it is time she say Goodbye for tonight!
257072937_qnR4Z-S.jpg

Thanks for looking your comments are of course welcome.

Now I am off to check out the latest here.

Peace,
Bobby Deal
Bobby Deal - Commercial Photography * Vegas Vision Studios The Pro's choice for studio rental in Las Vegas
Studio Photography Lighting and Modeling Workshops For the Discerning Taste
"The only photographer we ought compare ourselves to is the one we used to be"

Comments

• Options
    ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2008
    I think you are doing great! im not man enough to comment on any of these pictures since im a noobie when it comes to studio..I just started to shoot in a studio so im intrested to see your work.

I like the ones with the guitar and money. Just get´s the feeling that you wrote on the comments.

// Arvid.
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2008
    Arvan wrote:
    I think you are doing great! im not man enough to comment on any of these pictures since im a noobie when it comes to studio..I just started to shoot in a studio so im intrested to see your work.

I like the ones with the guitar and money. Just get´s the feeling that you wrote on the comments.

// Arvid.

Thanks for the feedback Arvid. It was a fun shoot for sure. The small versions of the images don't really do justice to the work my MUHA did for the shoot, when you see the girl up close her make up looks like she slept in it, with one side all smeared
    Bobby Deal - Commercial Photography * Vegas Vision Studios The Pro's choice for studio rental in Las Vegas
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2008
    great shots. models were easy on the eyes as well.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2008
    I like 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 12, and 13.
    4, 5 and 7 the most.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2008
    Qarik wrote:
    great shots. models were easy on the eyes as well.

Thanks and it is true that Lisa was really easy to look at. Even madeup as a crackhead she was still easy on the eyes :-)
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    I like 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 12, and 13.
    4, 5 and 7 the most.

Thanks, I am glad you enjoyed them
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2008
    What does cyc stand for? I know what it looks like :-) but I'm not sure what it's called.

Good luck with your new studio, and I love your new logo!
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2008
    Dee wrote:
    What does cyc stand for? I know what it looks like :-) but I'm not sure what it's called.

Good luck with your new studio, and I love your new logo!

Cyc is short for Cyclorama