Options

IE issues with new gallery

DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
edited February 23, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Ive set my new gallery to smugmug, and have set it to 'stretch'.

Butmy new gallery "Bathroom Reno" (found on main navbar), does not seem to want to view properly in IE 6 (dunno about IE 7).

THe problem seems to be that the main photo - which ever is showing - shows as if its set to smugmug small, not smugmug.

Gallery views properly in FF2

Any ideas? I'm sure its something stupid that I overlooked.

www.djkennedy.com

Derek

Never mind....

seems to be ONLY happening on THIS computer - checked another computer here at work and it worked fine.
http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2008
    Did you ever get this sorted out? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    Did you ever get this sorted out? ear.gif

No.

Seems to me, that now after some big change at SM, when I am logged in and viewing some (?) galleries, the main photo (on the right of the thumbs) views as small - not smugmug size like I have it set to.

Odd, really.

As long as visitors see the set up like I want them to, I'm happy. Curious as to why it does that though. (Use FF mostly so I see it lots in FF which is the opposite of what I said above!!)

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2008
    DJKennedy wrote:
    No.

Seems to me, that now after some big change at SM, when I am logged in and viewing some (?) galleries, the main photo (on the right of the thumbs) views as small - not smugmug size like I have it set to.

Odd, really.

As long as visitors see the set up like I want them to, I'm happy. Curious as to why it does that though. (Use FF mostly so I see it lots in FF which is the opposite of what I said above!!)
    We'll help if you can link us straight to the gallery please?
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    We'll help if you can link us straight to the gallery please?

OK, when logged in usig FF 2, I checked a couple at randome:

Friends n Family:

Linkipoo

The main photo goes to a SM small size. If I stretch out the browser screen to full window (1280x960 laptop) no changes to the size of the photo but the amount of thumbs increase to fill the space. BUT - if I 'maximize' the screen - THEN the photo goes to SM size (larger photo). Odd...if I stretch the window to fill the whole screen, no change but when I click on the maximize browser button the photo goes to the proper size... eek7.gifheadscratch.gif

Same thing happes (once again picked a gallery at randome) with my bathroom reno page (not my idea).

Link

And one more at randome - my CP Rail photo gallery:

Link

This behaviour is new so I assume some sort of bug was introduced??? BUT: this might just be due to this stupid computer as I just tried the train gallery on my PC doing the same thing with the browser (stretching to fill the screen, and hitting maximize) and it does not do the same so don't spend too much time on this mwink.gif

Derek

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2008
    DJKennedy wrote:
    This behaviour is new so I assume some sort of bug was introduced?

There's no bug. Your site @ 1024x768:

20080223-np2y68u7y51fh9espsyb4aqjxp.jpg

12 thumbs and a medium main image.

Your site when the window is smaller, 9 thumbs and a small main image:

20080223-efa3s79c1k6ibn8sckw96c433r.jpg

Your site when you manuall stretch the browser:
    (you MUST maximize to make the 12 thumbs and medium mainimage show up, due to browser chrome, etc)

20080223-c8mk4b3xuuf16nkubips3xm8bw.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2008
    Thanks Andy - figured that it might just be my stupid laptop *again* :D

Cute kid....mwink.gif