Options

Perth Climbing

mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
edited March 14, 2005 in Sports
No ice forming anywhere near here!!
Summer climbing just outside of Perth Western Australia.
May I take your picture?

Comments

• Options
    coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2005
    You bums in Australia... as head photo editor on www.rockclimbing.com I have to browse and approve your SUMMER climbing photos of nice blue skies and stellar rock and weather, ALL WINTER LONG.rolleyes1.gifrofl *sigh*

I think this photo could benefit from some cropping, on one side or the other, As it is, it's a bit too centered for my liking. Cropping out the dull grey rock could help, but I think cropping the left edge is what I would do, to place the climber more to one side and still show where he's headed. Excellent angle and timing though! Australia is near the top of my list of places I really want to visit to climb. One of these days....
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2005
    is this more what you had in mind?
    coldclimb wrote:
    You bums in Australia... as head photo editor on www.rockclimbing.com I have to browse and approve your SUMMER climbing photos of nice blue skies and stellar rock and weather, ALL WINTER LONG.rolleyes1.gifrofl *sigh*

I think this photo could benefit from some cropping, on one side or the other, As it is, it's a bit too centered for my liking. Cropping out the dull grey rock could help, but I think cropping the left edge is what I would do, to place the climber more to one side and still show where he's headed. Excellent angle and timing though! Australia is near the top of my list of places I really want to visit to climb. One of these days....
    You may get bummed out staring at our beautiful blue skies, but West OZ is not where you'd head if coming to Australia. The east coast is where 90% of the climbing is at. Unless you are prepared to travel long distances Perth is fairly limited in its choice of rock.
    May I take your picture?
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2005
    So living for 7 years less than 300 yards from this cliff & having never climbed it is a bad thing ?
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2005
    how rude
    Humungus wrote:
    So living for 7 years less than 300 yards from this cliff & having never climbed it is a bad thing ?
    considering I'd have to drive for more than 4 hours to get anywhere remotely similar to that type of climbing. Yes thats a bad thing!
    May I take your picture?
  • Options
    coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2005
    mushy wrote:
    considering I'd have to drive for more than 4 hours to get anywhere remotely similar to that type of climbing. Yes thats a bad thing!
    Haha, yes that is most definitely a BAD thing.rolleyes1.gif
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited March 14, 2005
    Nice capture Mushy thumb.gifthumb.gif

I agree with CC, a tighter crop would be nice. I kind of like that when it's Winter here, we get to see Sun and blue skies pics from our Ozzie buds mwink.gif I think it must work the same for you folks.

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero