Options

Contemplating War

Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
edited February 25, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
While visiting a german bunker complex in The Netherlands, the absurdity of war suddenly became very clear to me. Standing in a damp and dark bunker that used to house several german men and boys of about my age, i could see myself into their shoes for a moment. The notion that someone could have the power to send my to such a hell hole and fight other people is something i (thankfully) until now did have to think about. Hopefully it will never happen to me, because this is no place of hopes and dreams, only disparity and fear.
258209510_sRw68-XL.jpg

258209805_KHSMH-XL.jpg

258210027_Nic6j-XL.jpg

258211656_2NTWQ-XL.jpg

Shot in German WWII bunker, Netherlands
Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    awmphotoawmphoto Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    very nice series of shots, and I love the quotes that go along with the photos as well. The last one in particular really stands out, great work.
    awmphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    will-jumwill-jum Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    #1 and #4 are great!
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    While visiting a german bunker complex in The Netherlands, the absurdity of war suddenly became very clear to me. Standing in a damp and dark bunker that used to house several german men and boys of about my age, i could see myself into their shoes for a moment. The notion that someone could have the power to send my to such a hell hole and fight other people is something i (thankfully) until now did have to think about. Hopefully it will never happen to me, because this is no place of hopes and dreams, only disparity and fear.
    Shot in German WWII bunker, Netherlands

Unfortunately Chris we cannot control how people think.
    Look at the world now, there is no reason whatsoever that people should be starving, dying of thirst, or diseases there are already cures for, but they are.

These countries are surrounded by some of the Wealthiest Nations in the world, yet it still goes on.

How do you reason with people who are hell bent on killing and destroying?
    They don't think like normal people, their ultimate goal is in their own interest, not for the good of mankind or their own people.

Only takes one person to plant a seed and make a difference thumb.gif

I hope you never get to have to experience War either.

Thought prevoking images Chris, thanks for sharing ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    cunarder534cunarder534 Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Moving images. The last shot is the strongest in my opinion. Kind of the light at the end of the tunnel. Not sure what the light may be. Would love to see more. thumb.gif
  • Options
    BPerronBPerron Registered Users Posts: 464 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    #2 is absolutely stunning!!!! Never a big fan of B&W, I think it tends to be over used now-a-days...but I think this is a very fitting and I think it has amazing composition!clap.gif
    Brandon Perron Photography
    www.brandonperron.com
  • Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Beautiful composition and contrast.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2008
    Bunkers, past and present. Holes for children to play in, and make them wonder...
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2008
    thanks skippy for the kind words, you always seem to have a kind word at the ready! :D

leaforte said it well; I think it is important for future generations that these kinds of remnants of the past be preserved. The 'light at the end of the tunnel' analogy is what really got me thinking when i was standing there. Sort of like, for soldiers, it is either heaven or earth at the end of the tunnel but one way or another, you have got to get out of that bunker..

thanks for all the kind replies as well! thumb.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2008
    Howdy Chris,

Very moving an powerful images, well seen and shot.

The compositions and toning really drive home the messages you so
    craftily used.

Very nicely done.

Kindest Regards,

Craig
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas