>>> Last Photographer Standing Grand Finale - VOTING Round#2

DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
edited February 25, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
It all comes down to this... the final public vote to determine Digital Grin's Last Photographer Standing!!! First, a HUGE congratulations to all of the Grand Finale contestants - You gave us a stunning collection of photos!
:clap

I would like to give a special honorable mention to quark, who's photo "I should have bought her chocolates", received 0 votes in the first round. In light of all the heated debate about vote campaigning and so on, I would like to commend quark for some outstanding integrity. Good onya mate, thanks for setting such a great example!
:thumb

And now, as chosen by you, the DGrin public, here are the 10 photo finalists for the title of Last Photographer Standing. Congratulations top ten, you are one step closer!!!

Please vote for the best photo...

255801870_GyXpk-L.jpg
vandana - The Lone Ranger

255801893_a4tfq-L.jpg
Tessa HD - Stage Door

255801916_7Sfv6-L.jpg
photogmomma - enough...

255801938_wxRKL-L.jpg
shatch - Tracks

255801970_AxJ73-L.jpg
pemmett - Bellowing the Blues

255802020_Nx5v8-L.jpg
urbanaries - Shadow of a Doubt

255801700_mCjXr-L.jpg
cmurph - Rocket Man

255801636_SsmC7-L.jpg
Awais Yaqub - What's next on us?

255801550_oD9hD-L.jpg
LiquidAir - School Outing

255802111_bhgnb-L.jpg
seastack - Twilight Flow

Some small print:
Voting is open to all CURRENT DGrin members. This is a slight change, no one who registers after the time this poll is opened will be eligible to vote. We would like to hope there is no ill intent, but this removes the temptation.

The voting period is 72 hours from now.
Erik
moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

Vote for the LAST PHOTOGRAPHER STANDING!!! 346 votes

vandana - The Lone Ranger
18% 65 votes
Tessa HD - Stage Door
7% 27 votes
photogmomma - enough...
3% 13 votes
shatch - Tracks
5% 19 votes
pemmett - Bellowing the Blues
10% 36 votes
urbanaries - Shadow of a Doubt
6% 22 votes
cmurph - Rocket Man
13% 45 votes
Awais Yaqub - What's next on us?
8% 31 votes
LiquidAir - School Outing
11% 41 votes
seastack - Twilight Flow
13% 47 votes

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2008

IMPORTANT NOTE FROM ANDY, Feb 22, 930am ET:

We are seeing some voting anomalies, and they are causing some heartburn amongst the entire moderator team, and many, many disinterested people in the Dgrin community (non-LPS finalists!), as well as LPS entrants and finalists. I don't like having to do this but I (and it is MY decision, make no mistake about that) have decided, after careful consideration to do the following:

* Voting will continue
    * ALL VOTES from any dgrin member who joined after February 17, 2008, 11:59:59 PM are being disqualified.

I want everyone to know that we do this with VERY careful consideration. Rules? We wrote the rules over a year ago, and they state that we can change them at any time, for any reason. Period. So please, no complaining about a rule change "late in the game" - we don't like it any more than you do, but we MUST ensure the integrity of the LPS Contest.

Thanks, and remember to vote!

- Andy

edited February 22, 2008
    >>>> LAST PHOTOGRAPHER STANDING Important Notice <<<<
    We are seeing some voting anomalies, and they are causing some heartburn amongst the entire moderator team, and many, many disinterested people in the Dgrin community (non-LPS finalists!), as well as LPS entrants and finalists. I don't like having to do this but I (and it is MY decision, make no mistake about that) have decided, after careful consideration to do the following:

* Voting will continue
    * ALL VOTES from any dgrin member who joined after February 17, 2008, 11:59:59 PM are being disqualified.

I want everyone to know that we do this with VERY careful consideration. Rules? We wrote the rules over a year ago, and they state that we can change them at any time, for any reason. Period. So please, no complaining about a rule change "late in the game" - we don't like it any more than you do, but we MUST ensure the integrity of the LPS Contest.

Finally - NOBODY is being accused of cheating. Nobody.

Thanks, and remember to vote!

- Andy
    edited February 22, 2008
    I removed some well-wishes and some contest chatter. Want this thread to be clean till the contest voting is over thanks!
  • sohotrightnowsohotrightnow Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited February 22, 2008
    I really like the new rule, and think that it should stay as so that there are no future problems.

Congrats to all the finalists and good luck! I'm sure this has been a great experience for everyone and we have all learned a lot!

Wish you all the best! clap.gifwings.gif :ivar
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 24, 2008
    A bump for the final few hours of voting thumb.gif
    Erik

• Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Vote Tallies
    Just wondering if the current tally reflects the removed suspect votes?
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
    edited February 24, 2008
    Ed911 wrote:
    Just wondering if the current tally reflects the removed suspect votes?
    Not that it matters, we are hoping voting is based on the PHOTO, not the tally. If only we could make it blind, we would!

And to be clear, nothing is being removed based on "suspect", as in, there are no decisions being made behind the scenes. It's very black and white, see Andy's note.
    Erik

edited February 24, 2008
    We have a winner!!!
    that's all folks thumb.gif

...big announcement coming shortly...
    Erik

• Keadue48Keadue48 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited February 25, 2008
    Rocket Man
    Cast my vote for Rocket Man! It is outstanding.clap.gifwings.gifbowdown.gif :ivar
    edited February 25, 2008
    Keadue48 wrote:
    Cast my vote for Rocket Man! It is outstanding.clap.gifwings.gifbowdown.gif :ivar
    Oops, little late :D thread is now closed
    Erik

This discussion has been closed.