Options

Engagement Photos - C/C appreciated

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited February 26, 2008 in Weddings
I finally got a chance to take some engagement photos for a good friend. This was supposed to happen in DC several months ago but the opportunity came up to visit them in Florida instead. We headed to Dania beach in Ft Lauderdale at about 5pm and shot until the sun set. I have to admit there was very little direction on my part except to point out different locations. This kind of couple makes it quite easy...
Anyway, processed the photos in LR and would greatly appreciate any thoughts/suggestions on different crops, processing, etc.
Thanks!
E

258444764_jcjga-M.jpg
258445097_MkxMo-M.jpg
258445323_rMdgV-M.jpg
258446091_mGpeL-M.jpg
258446460_7zVR7-M.jpg
258447060_n7CAH-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2008
    With the exception of #1 I like them all!!!

Great job!!!thumb.gif
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2008
    Edit down
    #1 - her face is hidden by her hair and not well lit; He is not looking at her or at the camera

#3 - composition / temp of the light is lovely - but the shadow on his face needs some PS work

#5 - again, her hair is a distraction from her pretty face.

#2- 4 - 6 are winners I could see a montage of the three.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    PaulcaoPaulcao Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2008
    1) I don't see enough emotion--erm.. i guess i'm just not digg'n this photo.
    2) I really like the pose, but I'm not sure if I like the b/w
    3) I like the idea behind it, but i'm not sure about the angle/crop. Just a personal preference I guess. I think it would look better at an angle rather than straight up profile.ne_nau.gif
    4,5,6) These are great. Good emotion, balanced, and just nice captures overall.clap.gif

I think they'll like these photos a lot.thumb.gif Next time you're at the beach maybe try to get some shots with the sun and horizon. I think it's a really nice part of the beach and can look really nice in photos. Anyways, hope this all helps.ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    Deadeye008Deadeye008 Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2008
    Nice job. I really like #2 and #6. Only one I don't really like is #1 because of the expressions of both of them. Overall nice job!thumb.gif
  • Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2008
    Thanks everyone. Greatly appreciate the critiques. I went back to the set and found a substitute for #1. I had been a bit worried that the crops in 4 and 5 were too tight. The original had a bit of the sky above their heads and I wasn't crazy about including it.
    E