Options

AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
edited October 15, 2008 in Location, Location, Location!
210034114-L-0.jpg

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA; SOUTH EAST

Welcome. An introduction to this thread can be found here.

If you live in one of the states of the American Southeast we'd love to see a bit of your town in this thread.

If you are uncertain of what to post, here's a suggestion: Choose a commercial center of your village, town or city. Be it a financial district, "downtown" area or other type of market center.

We will finesse these forums as we go depending on the level of posts and participation. But most importantly let's have fun doing this!

Start your post with a title containing a) STATE b) CITY, TOWN or VILLAGE where you live.

example: FLORIDA; TALLAHASSEE

Then insert your photo and add a few lines of descriptive text to tell us about the image and your life in that location.

Comments

• Options
    MarkjayMarkjay Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2008
    Florida; Treasure Island
    I'll be glad to start off the Southeast. Hope I'm placing this in the "right place"?

I took this photograph at Treasure Island Beach in Florida. These two brown pelicans also known as [SIZE=-1]pelecanus occidentalis where diving in the water for food over and over. I was fascinated by the fact that they were staying together in the same general area and was "following them around" on the shoreline for about ten minutes. Soon after, they took off into the sunset together... and I enjoyed every moment as I followed them through my viewfinder and captured them together in flight. Sorry for the watermark but, that's how my photos are displayed in my gallery here on Smugmug.

Enjoy.[/SIZE]

254283129_2njez-M-1.jpg
    Markjay
    Canon AE1 - it was my first "real camera"
    Canon 20D - no more film!
  • Options
    JamforeJamfore Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2008
    Waynesville North Carolina
    Fall color is coming in fast here. The higher peak of the Blue Ridge Parkway are in full color and the valley is coming in fast. Estimated Peak color will be next week.

Cades cove TN is fully reserved.