Options

Bar shot

scottcolbathscottcolbath Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
edited February 29, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I liked this shot at the local Elks lodge tonight. Taken with my crappy/trusty little Fuji S-5000.
260022736_hRFTG-L.jpg

The whole story with more pics here:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316216

S.C.

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2008
    I liked this shot at the local Elks lodge tonight. Taken with my crappy/trusty little Fuji S-5000.

The whole story with more pics here:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316216

S.C.

Hi there Scott, just had a look at the link you provided.
    Can't say I recall ever having eaten a clam, are they similar to scollop's by any chance?

The cooked Clams look good, though I am not into fried foods myself,
    I must say they do look taste thumb.gif

Your little camera didn't let you down, thanks for sharing ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    scottcolbathscottcolbath Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2008
    Skippy, a clam is sort of an oyster, but from the other side of the tracks, if you know what I mean. They are both bivalves, but clams are more plentiful around the costal areas of North America than oysters. Oysters tend to be more tender also when cooked. I've eaten raw oysters, but don't recall if they were tender or not. I've never had a raw clam, only steamed or fried.

S.C.
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2008
    Skippy, a clam is sort of an oyster, but from the other side of the tracks, if you know what I mean. They are both bivalves, but clams are more plentiful around the costal areas of North America than oysters. Oysters tend to be more tender also when cooked. I've eaten raw oysters, but don't recall if they were tender or not. I've never had a raw clam, only steamed or fried.

S.C.

We used to eat clams raw all the time, a little lemon or ketchup added sometimes. My grandfather would go clamming at a nearby beach (at low tide) and bring them home, he'd roughly clean the shells, then with a special knife would open the shells, and separate the clam from the shell, put it on the half shell, put them on a plate and we'd gobble them up. This, of course was before we all knew about pollution, etc. or maybe there wasn't any that long ago?

Anyway they are delicious! I like them better than cooked clams.

Cherry stones were the little clams, people also would go clamming for larger clams called steamers, and those would be used cooked rather than eating raw. Of course people cooked cherry stones too and used them in chowders.
  • Options
    summerzsummerz Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2008
    Love the colors
    YUM.iloveyou.gif Bet that's what the Kitty is thinking too.rolleyes1.gif