Options

exclude smugmug photos and pages from web crawlers

msim2020msim2020 Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited March 15, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Is there a way for me to enter web crawler instructions in all / select albums of mine? I would not like google or other robots to crawl some of the pages and may be some i am ok with.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2005
    msim2020 wrote:
    Is there a way for me to enter web crawler instructions in all / select albums of mine? I would not like google or other robots to crawl some of the pages and may be some i am ok with.

Thanks!

Currently, there isn't - other than marking your galleries Private, in which case we flag them that way for you.

Sorry!

Don
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 13, 2005
    msim2020 wrote:

Thanks!
    To stop webcrawlers from indexing your pages, add this line of code to ur header html section of Co-branding....

<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW">

Not sure if it will work or not (here at smugmug), but it's worth a try.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2005
    I think this would be a good thing to try. I just read up and see that this is an approach to adopt if one does not have access to the server.

I believe though that co-branding also comes with the Pro membership. Is that true?
    devbobo wrote:
    To stop webcrawlers from indexing your pages, add this line of code to ur header html section of Co-branding....

<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW">

Not sure if it will work or not (here at smugmug), but it's worth a try.

Cheers,

David
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2005
    Don, does marking galleries Private mean that the galleries will need a password to be seen or is it something different? And I can well read the manual if you point me to it :). Thanks!
    onethumb wrote:
    Currently, there isn't - other than marking your galleries Private, in which case we flag them that way for you.

Sorry!

Don
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2005
    msim2020 wrote:
    Don, does marking galleries Private mean that the galleries will need a password to be seen or is it something different? And I can well read the manual if you point me to it :). Thanks!
    Private means that these galleries don't appear on your smugmug homepage for visitors, but they can be accessed through direct links you can give to anyone.
    Additionally private galleries can also be password protected, like non-private galleries.

(help pages on this topic)

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2005
    The I guess private gallery is the way to go for me... Thanks :):
    Private means that these galleries don't appear on your smugmug homepage for visitors, but they can be accessed through direct links you can give to anyone.
    Additionally private galleries can also be password protected, like non-private galleries.

(help pages on this topic)

Sebastian
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 15, 2005
    co-branding comes with Pro and Power user accounts
    msim2020 wrote:
    I think this would be a good thing to try. I just read up and see that this is an approach to adopt if one does not have access to the server.

I believe though that co-branding also comes with the Pro membership. Is that true?
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos