wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited March 1, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
502-8x10-gs7305.jpg
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• Options
    Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2008
    maybe i've been listening to too much rammstein (stein um stein) but is someone build in there? ??? eek7.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2008
    wfeller wrote:

What is this exactly headscratch.gif not sure what you mean with your title.

Not knowing what it's about it looks like a sealed square brick block
    in the middle of nowhere.

I like those feathered clouds in the sky thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 29, 2008
    maybe i've been listening to too much rammstein (stein um stein) but is someone build in there? ??? eek7.gif
    make that two of us!

creepy face aside, I like it nod.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2008
    I see the face too eek7.gif.

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
    ----Ruth Ann Schubacker
  • Options
    edited February 29, 2008
    Indeed everyone, I like finding and developing anthrpomorphics for my images.

"rammstein (stein um stein)"

I checked out the lyrics- I can see how that would apply, very much so. I'll have to listen to some.

Skippy wrote:
    What is this exactly headscratch.gif not sure what you mean with your title.

Not knowing what it's about it looks like a sealed square brick block
    in the middle of nowhere.

I like those feathered clouds in the sky thumb.gif ... Skippy :D

I'm not certain what exactly the place was, but it sure was strange. I was there two years ago and wanted to make it back during the hours before and at sunset. Circumstances didn't allow that this visit either. I'll have to go back.

The title is more of a word association, the first thing that came to mind. Probably in this case a sarcastic social commentary. I'd followed the clouds since dawn. Jet contrails from manuvers originating from nearby military bases tend to streak up, and in this case, add an interesting effect.
    Anybody can do it.
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2008
    My first thought was, "Too contrasty." But, after looking at it over and over (between reading responses) I've come get the feel of the shot and now I like it a lot.

The Ramstein reference is all but lost on me, since I've only heard one song by them, "Du Hast."

The face gives the photo an eerie feel - as if the structure is watching me - and the high contrast make the two rocks at bottom-left-center look kind of like the feet of someone buried face-down, thus adding to the errie feel. I'm drawn to this shot. I really like it.

Great photo and great job, wfeller! thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2008
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    My first thought was, "Too contrasty." But, after looking at it over and over (between reading responses) I've come get the feel of the shot and now I like it a lot.

The Ramstein reference is all but lost on me, since I've only heard one song by them, "Du Hast."

The face gives the photo an eerie feel - as if the structure is watching me - and the high contrast make the two rocks at bottom-left-center look kind of like the feet of someone buried face-down, thus adding to the errie feel. I'm drawn to this shot. I really like it.

Great photo and great job, wfeller! thumb.gif

Stein um Stein is a song of one of their latest albums 'reise reise' and describes building a house/wall around a female. It has no windows nor doors and it's set in a desolate place where noone can hear her scream. it's supposed to keep her close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzuc8hQ7ZQA
    (song with translation)

the Rammstein analogy came to my mind because it creepily looks a lot like someone walled in a person in the middle of nowhere. eek7.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2008
    Stein um Stein is a song of one of their latest albums 'reise reise' and describes building a house/wall around a female. It has no windows nor doors and it's set in a desolate place where noone can hear her scream. it's supposed to keep her close.

(song with translation)

the Rammstein analogy came to my mind because it creepily looks a lot like someone walled in a person in the middle of nowhere. eek7.gif

Awesome! I just listened to the recording while looking at the shot. Very creepy.

:) THANKS for pointing out the tune!
    Anybody can do it.
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2008

(song with translation)

Wow! Now that I've experienced the song, I see your connection. It's spot on! I think this photo would be the perfect album cover for the song! thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2008
    Really like this.....the face is what makes it for me.....love the sky all so......

Where did you find this?
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website