Options

Hand-held night test shots

DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
edited March 2, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
So I went to Bennigan's last night to get some wings and took my 5D with both my L-glass lenses...

Here are a couple with the 24-105mm f/4L

These are hand held at ISO3200 the exposure time is about 0.5 seconds and 0.04(1/25th) seconds respectively. I suppose it helps that I'm also an expert marksman and anyone who knows anything about marksmanship knows that a slow, steady trigger squeeze keeps everything else on target and steady. Oh, and Canon IS rawks.

The key things here is that they're low-light hand-held shots that are still sharp. I'm impressed.

260754007_bQhRK-L-1.jpg

260753726_gCcsE-L-1.jpg
Modus Imagery
Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876

Comments

• Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2008
    So am I. The colors, contrast and textures are phenomenal! I like each of them for different reasons.

Both of them, in my opinion, especially the second one (minus the coffee cup and the specular highlights in the upper left corner of the window) could be in a brochure for the car.

Very nicely done.
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2008
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    So am I. The colors, contrast and textures are phenomenal! I like each of them for different reasons.

Both of them, in my opinion, especially the second one (minus the coffee cup and the specular highlights in the upper left corner of the window) could be in a brochure for the car.

Very nicely done.

haha, thanks...

Just to clarify, they have had their noise reduction treatments, but I was able to leave my noiseware at it's default settings, the noise was manageable even at iso3200.
    Modus Imagery
    Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2008
    DI-Joe wrote:
    So I went to Bennigan's last night to get some wings and took my 5D with both my L-glass lenses...

Here are a couple with the 24-105mm f/4L

These are hand held at ISO3200 the exposure time is about 0.5 seconds and 0.04(1/25th) seconds respectively. I suppose it helps that I'm also an expert marksman and anyone who knows anything about marksmanship knows that a slow, steady trigger squeeze keeps everything else on target and steady. Oh, and Canon IS rawks.

The key things here is that they're low-light hand-held shots that are still sharp. I'm impressed.

The lights on the dash are ultra bright, I'm surprised that you were not able to tone those down a bit.... I've seen shots where people have the numbers and dials clearly visible at night and readable.

Awwww you boys and your toys rolleyes1.gif
    Just remember NOT to take photos when you drive though wont you.

Happy Shooting thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    The lights on the dash are ultra bright, I'm surprised that you were not able to tone those down a bit.... I've seen shots where people have the numbers and dials clearly visible at night and readable.

Awwww you boys and your toys rolleyes1.gif
    Just remember NOT to take photos when you drive though wont you.

Happy Shooting thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

The reason is that I exposed for the wiper control, not the dials, thus making the shot more difficult(slower shutter speed).
    Modus Imagery