Options

offering print packages?

thenimirrathenimirra Registered Users Posts: 697 Major grins
edited March 6, 2008 in Mind Your Own Business
do you offer print packages or sell your images individually? I was reading somewhere that packages are a better way to go. If so, what packages do you offer and for how much?

Plus, if smugmug sends out your prints, how does it create packages?

Comments

• Options
    edited March 5, 2008
    thenimirra wrote:
    do you offer print packages or sell your images individually? I was reading somewhere that packages are a better way to go. If so, what packages do you offer and for how much?

Plus, if smugmug sends out your prints, how does it create packages?

I get no love from the gang for this question?! :cry
    Please share your packages and which ones clients are more likely to buy.
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2008
    Ordering directly through Smug does not allow packages...yet. I know some folks use Google checkout on their sites and have people pay them that way and then you can order pics yourself to put together packages for your customers however you like. I haven't done this yet so I don't have any packages to share, but one idea would be to offer different levels...
    1-8x10, 2-5x7s, 16-wallets for $;
    1-11x14, 2-8x10s, 4-5x7s, 8-wallets for $$
    ...you get the idea. I bet if you look around at different people's pricing pages you may find some more specific examples.
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2008
    Maybe this thread will have some ideas on using Google with packages:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=83981
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    SavedByZeroSavedByZero Registered Users Posts: 226 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2008
    I'm not one for buying or even trying to sell package prints. Unless they are school pictures nobody in the right mind need 86 wallet prints to give out.

If anything you should just give volume flat % discounts if they order more then $$ worth of prints of any size then forcing them into buying print sizes they don't want in just to get the print sizes they do want.

:)
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2008
    I'm not one for buying or even trying to sell package prints. Unless they are school pictures nobody in the right mind need 86 wallet prints to give out.

If anything you should just give volume flat % discounts if they order more then $$ worth of prints of any size then forcing them into buying print sizes they don't want in just to get the print sizes they do want.

:)

This has been my plan of attack forever.....except what I do is give a discount based on number of prints excluding Proof sizes (3x5, 4x5, 4x6) and 5x7's..... and I do not print thru SM as I have Great Professional Printer less than a mile from me and I can just upload what I need to them or carry in a disk which ever I want............

I have had clients ask me why I don't offer packages and I tell the same thing that SAved by Zero said above.....in the end I have had more clients thank me for allowing them the privilage to make their own packages than not.........................
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    This has been my plan of attack forever.....except what I do is give a discount based on number of prints excluding Proof sizes (3x5, 4x5, 4x6) and 5x7's..... and I do not print thru SM as I have Great Professional Printer less than a mile from me and I can just upload what I need to them or carry in a disk which ever I want............

I have had clients ask me why I don't offer packages and I tell the same thing that SAved by Zero said above.....in the end I have had more clients thank me for allowing them the privilage to make their own packages than not.........................
    15524779-Ti.gif
    however, I don't offer % discounts at all, haven't had anyone complain. When I'm asked about packages, I usually ask them about the last time they bought a package...did they use all the pictures? I explain that buying per print allows them to custom order exactly what they will want/need. The savings is then in not ordering 30 extra pictures of the same pose to save a couple bucks.
    Heather
    www.heatherdunnphotography.com
    My Blog My Facebook Page
    GIVING BACK - How will you give?
    "I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2008
    cool, thanks for replying guys. clap.gif