MolsondogMolsondog Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
edited March 27, 2004 in People
Human statues

Comments

• Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2004
    Honolulu Statues
    These guys move when you drop a buck in their buckets. Super cool.

2950915-L.jpg

2950916-L.jpg
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2004
    Great subject idea.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2004
    Pity about the orange things in the back ground

1755818-L.jpg
  • Options
    SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2004
    You had me going with that first post, til I scrolled down. Has anyone here ever been to the Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Niguel? I never have (can you believe it having lived here most of my life?), but have seen it featured often, just AMAZING what's done. O! The art!

Where were these taken, and were they taken within the same time period? (E.g. one particular afternoon/evening?)
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2004
    Same night
    Hi Seamaiden

Mine were taken one night in Honolulu last January. There were about 10 people doing it but these two were the best. They were totally motionless until I put a dollar in their buckets and then they put on a one minute show after which they went back to being motionless. Pretty cool.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2004
    Cool stuff. Kinda interesting that y'all have found the human statues in three different locations, but I've seen none in Atlanta.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2004
    I love those "fooling" art forms.. I don't have a good word for it at the moment. I have also wanted to visit Italy for quite some time. I think I'm going to try to get in to the Laguna Art Festival this year, and make the Pageant of the Masters. I hear it really must be seen to be appreciated. Good fodder, fun stuff!
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    FreeUpsFreeUps Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2004
    Bigtime cool that the first guys robe isn't sculpted into a certain position, that way he cant fake it and move his body around under it. Looks like canvas to me. Do you know what he was using Molson?

eek7.gif Couldn't imagine standing in that position for a full days work. eek7.gif
    No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2004
    Molsondog wrote:
    I saw Cupid and the stone guy having a smoke on the steps later that day, but I was sans camera at the time. That would have been a good candid shot!

No kiddding! For me, that's the rationalization for having a small, pocket camera at all times. I'm a noob, and I've discovered that when I have a camera in hand, the visual opportunities abound. I never realized how many shots I was missing until I started walking around with a camera in hand. That's why at some point I'm gonna break down and get a Canon S-series, just to have a litttle some-some with me always.

Thanks for sharing your Florentine stories, fun stuff! thumb.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au