Options

Need PS help

AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
edited March 16, 2005 in Finishing School
OK so I just loaded Photoshop CS and am anxious to try it out as the software "leader" replacing my Corel PhotoPaint, but I can't open RAW files. The HELP file says I can but I can't! HELLLLP!!!

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2005
    I seem to remember having to go to Adobe's site and finding the RAW plug-in for my camera, then dropping it into my plug-ins folder in PS. ne_nau.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited March 16, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    OK so I just loaded Photoshop CS and am anxious to try it out as the software "leader" replacing my Corel PhotoPaint, but I can't open RAW files. The HELP file says I can but I can't! HELLLLP!!!

You may need to update the RAW converter file to access D70 NEF/RAW files. With a working RAW converter you should see images of the RAW files in the File Browser, double-click on them and have them pop open in the RAW converter. But I think the original version of the RAW converter did not support the D70.

If you still cannot see the files after updating the RAW converter from the Adobe support site, then I would call Adobe and get their technical support to give you a hand. Thats what you paid the big bucks for, right? :):
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin