Options

Borders around pictures

dbguydbguy Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited March 9, 2008 in Finishing School
How do I do this? I have CS3 and Capture NX

Is there a way where it will automatically set all my pictures to have borders? Or do I have to individually add a border to it?

Comments

• Options
    dusty-dogdusty-dog Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2008
    dbguy wrote:
    How do I do this? I have CS3 and Capture NX

Is there a way where it will automatically set all my pictures to have borders? Or do I have to individually add a border to it?
    The way I do a simple border is to create a new layer, select all, Edit/Stroke. Set the stroke size to whatever line thickness you like, and the color you want. Also, select an "inside" stroke. I usually use the color picker tool to select a color from the image that I like. Once picked, the Stroke dialog box automatically sets it, so select your color first. Then, before I flatten the image, I usually do a simple Blending Option/Bevel/Emboss to give the frame some depth, opting for depth rather than width. Here's a sample of what I do. I'm sure it's easy to set it up as an Action, wherein you can batch process the whole bunch of images at a time, but I've not done that. It's so quick and easy that I don't bother. Hope this helps.

239896708_yyoUY-XL-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2008
    great! thank you for the help!

very nice picture

also, can you explain on the set up a action? i would like to do it for lots of files
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2008
    dbguy wrote:
    great! thank you for the help!

very nice picture

also, can you explain on the set up a action? i would like to do it for lots of files

Edit: never for those who wants to know stiill, here is a link:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/Photoshop/10.0/help.html?content=WSB2434464-4A8C-410e-9757-A74A065FA9E6.html