Options

When people buy your photos.......

dusty-dogdusty-dog Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
edited March 9, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Simple question for the smuggers:

Is there any way to tell if someone buys an image from your site, prior to receiving a check from smugmug? Do we get any kind of notification? Or, is a check in the mail the notification/suprise?

I looked around for an answer to this, but I can't find any.

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2008
    dusty-dog wrote:

Is there any way to tell if someone buys an image from your site, prior to receiving a check from smugmug? Do we get any kind of notification? Or, is a check in the mail the notification/suprise?

You will get an email for each sale, plus you can see details on all sales in your control panel (control panel > pros) thumb.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2008
    dusty-dog wrote:

I'm always surprised at this question, here's what I recommend... So, do this please, upload some family photos (or any photos, really) to a gallery, make it private. Price that gallery, one-penny over SmugMug cost.

now, log out. Go to the gallery, and buy some prints from yourself. See the entire process as a buyer.

Then go back and log in as you, and go to your pro sales tab in your control panel.

Also check your email from SmugMug to the "buyer" email (still you!) and also see the SmugMug email to (you) the pro :)
  • Options
    dusty-dogdusty-dog Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2008
    Thanks, Andy. Now I feel a bit stupid. rolleyes1.gif Fact is, I'm surprised that my latest portraits weren't bought. Maybe, they just haven't gotten around to it. Good thing this is not my day job. :D