Options

SOLD: Canon 20D

AngelKatie413AngelKatie413 Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
edited March 11, 2008 in House of Canon
Hi Everybodee..!

Well, I'm doing it.. I'm upgrading to a 40D! That means my loved 20D is for sale.

I don't know how many clicks it has. If anyone knows how I can find this out please tell me and I will let you know. :-)

It is in great condition. Right now there are a couple of small spots on the sensor so you may want to clean it or have Canon clean it. Or, I can go down to the service center and have it cleaned for you for an additional $20 (or, make me a deal... :-)).

I can't take a picture of it right now as it's my only body. But, no scratches or anything that I can see on the outside. Like I said, it's used, that's the condition you're buying - 2 years old. But I've kept very good care of it so you should have no worries.

**Update** I want to also include - the body comes with the original kit box, camera strap, battery, battery charger, line-in cable for TV, all original paperwork/warranty card, Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 - basically anything that came in the box with the exception of the USB cable (can't find it) and the manual - I've seemed to have misplaced it but I'm going to look around and see if I can find it.

I'm posting at $500 or best offer. This includes shipping. Thanks to everyone for looking!!!

-Katie

Comments

• Options
    edited March 10, 2008
    I'm looking around the web and these seem to be selling a little lower. So, I'm price dropping to $425 or best offer (including shipping). Let me know if anyone is interested!
  • Options
    exploderpilotexploderpilot Banned Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    I'm thinking about it.....
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2008
    I'm thinking about it.....

You're up late thinking about buying stuff like I am.. haha!! :-) I've been surfing for lens deals online for the last hour... :-)
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2008
    well,
    I already have a 20d, but i love it so much i want one to put away for when this one dies. It is an absolute dream, and I would not trade it even for a 30 or a 40d. mAYBE A 5D.....
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2008
    well,
    I already have a 20d, but i love it so much i want one to put away for when this one dies. It is an absolute dream, and I would not trade it even for a 30 or a 40d. mAYBE A 5D.....

I do love my 20d. It was a tough decision. it has been good to me! But if it doesn't sell here I'm probably going to keep it as a back-up. I just want the $$ for one more new lens.. hehe
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2008
    yeah, mine has too. running a very close second is my S3IS. I was deployed most of last year to iraq, and couldn't really carry an slr, and the S3 held up great, and took great shots. But i keep thinking, man if i only had my big D!!
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2008
    yeah, mine has too. running a very close second is my S3IS. I was deployed most of last year to iraq, and couldn't really carry an slr, and the S3 held up great, and took great shots. But i keep thinking, man if i only had my big D!!

Wow!! You must be on base. A good friend of mine is stationed at Pendelton w/ her husband.
  • Options
    pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    I don't know how many clicks it has. If anyone knows how I can find this out please tell me and I will let you know. :-)

If the file numbering has been on continous and hasn't gone haywire from say, switching cards between cameras, you can tell the click count from the file name of the last shot and the folder it's in.

Take a shot, go to review with all the info and look for a string of numbers like 234-3456. The first three digit group is the image count x100 plus 10000 (which means it starts the count from 100) and the second group is the last four digits of the image count. In my example the count is 13456 clicks.

If it looks like the file numbering doesn't match up to reality, you'd have go to Canon's service to have the actual click counter read.
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2008
    pyry wrote:
    If the file numbering has been on continous and hasn't gone haywire from say, switching cards between cameras, you can tell the click count from the file name of the last shot and the folder it's in.

Take a shot, go to review with all the info and look for a string of numbers like 234-3456. The first three digit group is the image count x100 plus 10000 (which means it starts the count from 100) and the second group is the last four digits of the image count. In my example the count is 13456 clicks.

If it looks like the file numbering doesn't match up to reality, you'd have go to Canon's service to have the actual click counter read.

Okay by going off that... this camera hs 2,964 clicks. Which I guess matches up as though even with as much as I shoot, I also shoot a LOT of film for school. So... any takers? Make me a deal!
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2008
    Wow, that's barely used! I think mine is about to break 10,000 clicks.
  • Options
    James SJames S Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    My 30D is over 10,000 clicks
  • Options
    zack75144zack75144 Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    2,964 clicks?!?headscratch.gif
    I have over 17,000 on my 40D in 4 months!
    Zack www.zackjonesphotography.net
    EOS 7D, Zeiss 50mm f/1.4, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L, EF 135mm f/2L, EF 200mm f/2.8L II, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 1.4 Ext II, 430EX, ST-E2, Tamrac Velocity 10X & Expeditioner 7 Bags.
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    I've had my 20D since late 2004 and am still less than 14,000! I got too miserly taking film shots, I guess. I try to make each click count.

(and bump for a great camera! :D)
    Chris
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2008
    ChrisJ wrote:
    I've had my 20D since late 2004 and am still less than 14,000! I got too miserly taking film shots, I guess. I try to make each click count.

(and bump for a great camera! :D)

I think you are right.... it is because of my film background!!!!

Well I just went and picked up the box for the camera at my parents' house so it is ready to ship... any takers? Or anyone who knows someone who knows someone? ;-)
  • Options
    SupermansvSupermansv Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 11, 2008
    Hmm I am thinking as well...Dont know that i can swing over $400 at this point..Trying to convince my finances that i can... :D
  • Options
    storksbstorksb Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2008
    PM sent
    PM sent.
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2008
    Here are a couple pics. Sorry they are so low quality, but I had to use my camera phone :)wings.gif
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2008
    Here are a couple pics. Sorry they are so low quality, but I had to use my camera phone :)wings.gif

• Options
    edited March 11, 2008