Options

Windows viewer more saturated colour than photoshop

NikkiNikki Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited March 10, 2008 in Finishing School
In windows viewer and the internet my photos are much more saturated than Photoshop. It is very frustrating as most my photos are posted on the internet and to make them look ok on the web I have to make them look ridiculously flat and desaturated in photoshop, which is not a good way to work.

In photoshop I use sRGB as I have heard that it is better to use for internet photos therefore I don't understand why there is an issue. I notice when I change adobe gamma that it does affect the photo in windows viewer, which I didn't think it would because I heard that windows viewer etc is not color managed. I'm sure the monitor I have is not great LG Studioworks 710s and am wondering if that is an issue. Also I am using 6500 white point, gamma 2.2. I have no idea of what phosphors my monitor is so I'm using p22-ebu.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    Nikki wrote:
    In windows viewer and the internet my photos are much more saturated than Photoshop.

Those applications are not color managed like Photoshop, the previews are not correct. Do a search, we've been all over this. Bottom line is, Photoshop previews are correct if you've profiled your display, the other non ICC aware applications are not correctly previewing the images.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/