Options

FS: Lenses For Canon

limbiklimbik Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
edited March 16, 2008 in House of Canon
I sold my Canon body a while back and finally decided it was time to let go of the lenses. Hopefully this will make my decision easer to transition to a new format. So, here they are:

Tokina 80-400 f4.5-5.6, includes box (sans upc), caps, Hoya SHMC UV0 filter, Bag, and tripod collar. Missing one screw on bottom of lens that has not affected operation. Bought here from spartan123. - $150 + $15 SH& Ins. SOLD

Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di, includes caps and Hoya SHMC UV0 filter. - $265 + $15 SH & Ins. SOLD

Canon 85mm f1.8, includes caps and Hoya SHMC UV0 filter. - $300 + $10 SH & Ins. SOLD

Comments

• Options
    spartan123spartan123 Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2008
    For anyone wondering the Tokina 80-400 lens is a bargain for th money. Very sharp and light for its range. The only reason I sold it was because I needed IS and bought the Sigma 80-400 OS. But for someone who wants a good variable light weight bag lens.... this one rocks.
  • Options
    TaDaTaDa Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2008
    And I will chime in that the Tammy 28-75 is one of my favorite lenses. Awesome optics and he's selling it for a good price
    My Kit
    Canon 5DII, Canon 7D
    Canon Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 35 f/1.4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon 85 f/1.2L II, Canon 500mm f/4 IS, Zeiss 21mm ZE
    Speedlite 580ex II, Canon 430ex
  • Options
    Deadeye008Deadeye008 Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    Could you post or email me some pics taken with the 80-400. Preferably towards the long end of the lens.
    Thanks
  • Options
    vetkrazyvetkrazy Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    PM sent on Tamron 28-75
    Fast Cars : Fast Glass : and an understanding wife

www.vetkrazy.exposuremanager.com
  • Options
    ennairbennairb Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited March 10, 2008
    vetkrazy wrote:
    PM sent on Tamron 28-75

I really enjoy my tamron 28-75 lens. I'm still learning on it, but am glad I made a purchase. Anyone interested that is GREAT buy!!
  • Options
    a-baird-photographa-baird-photograph Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    PM sent on the canon lens
    Body: Canon XTi
    Glass: 85mm f1.8, 50mm f1.8, 18-55mm f3.5-5.6, 70-300mm f4.0-5.6, Sigma 10-22mm f4-5.6
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2008
    Updated post to the last remaining lens, get it while you can! :D
  • Options
    Jane B.Jane B. Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    limbik wrote:
    Updated post to the last remaining lens, get it while you can! :D

Why are you removing descriptions of sold items rather than just adding "SOLD" to the description??? Showing it as sold is MUCH more common here as it is helpful to others doing comparison shopping and also the following posts in the thread that refer to those items are much more meaningful if the original description is still there.

Thanks — just my 2 cents worth
    Jane
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2008
    That's what I had been doing, but now that it is down to a single lens it is easier to see what is FS. Unfortunatley, the title of the thread did not change when I changed it to reflect the single lens FS and rather than seeing FS: Tamron SP AF 17-35mm f2.8-4 Di in the list, it stil reads FS: Lenses For Canon requiring people click on the thread to see what is available only to find it is only one lens. But yes, I suppose it makes the comments somewhat confusing. What I should have done was left the other lenses, and taken out this one and made a new thread for it. *making mental note*

UPDATE: Fixed
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 15, 2008
    1) users cannot change thread titles (can you imagine the chaos?) lol3.gif
    per the guidelines PM me, or just post SOLD, I'll do it.

2) as per Jane's suggestions, please don't delete stuff. don't forget people use the threads here as price checks before buying or selling their stuff. we have plenty of space, you're not doing anyone any favors by "cleaning up"

thanks,
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited March 15, 2008
    DoctorIt wrote:
    per Jane's suggestions, please don't delete stuff. don't forget people use the threads here as price checks before buying or selling their stuff.

Yep, I did forget. Went through and re-added the SOLD items for future refrence.
  • Options
    Jane B.Jane B. Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DoctorIt
    per Jane's suggestions, please don't delete stuff. don't forget people use the threads here as price checks before buying or selling their stuff.

limbik wrote:
    Yep, I did forget. Went through and re-added the SOLD items for future refrence.

Yes, you did re-add the sold items; BUT why o why did you then turn around and delete the Tamron SP AF 17-35mm f2.8-4 Di ??? Didn’t you notice what DoctorIt said? You even quoted it. Thought you also had some photos in the original posting.

Just another part of getting used to the quirks of this board — no offense intended.
    Jane
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2008
    I'm not offended by a little constructive criticisim, but as I described in my reply, the single remaining lens has its own thread and is much easier to find than it was among a list of "lenses for canon."
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 16, 2008
    limbik wrote:
    I'm not offended by a little constructive criticisim, but as I described in my reply, the single remaining lens has its own thread and is much easier to find than it was among a list of "lenses for canon."
    a link would probably make it crystal clear:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=87725
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]