Options

Flourescent Photog Vest

vegasphotogvegasphotog Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
edited March 14, 2008 in Accessories
I would like to find one for off road racing as the dusty low visibility might save my life....and, also the racers can see me ahead of time.

Comments

• Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    I would like to find one for off road racing as the dusty low visibility might save my life....and, also the racers can see me ahead of time.

Go to your local sporting goods store. A hunting vest will do the trick.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images.orgill.com/200x200/7275639.jpg&imgrefurl=http://hand-tools.hardwarestore.com/71-415-safety-vests.aspx&h=200&w=200&sz=6&hl=en&start=13&um=1&tbnid=FUSxLdGsd_YDMM:&tbnh=104&tbnw=104&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfluorescent%2Bsafety%2Bvest%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    Yeah, and if you wear it ove your photography vest it may help keep some of the dust of you equipment!

rolleyes1.gifrofl

thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    Buy reflective tape and tape it over your shirt and bag. Best bang for the buck.
  • Options
    PhotoskipperPhotoskipper Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    Check out the work safety gear shop, there many vest, chest band and arm band for road contruction worker.
    You may wish to consider to carry a red LED lights (those for the bicycle use). It may be very visible during the poor light condition. But need to check with the marshal whether it can be use during the race.

Just a friendly reminder, the racing drivers are very busy with their car and the speed, they have no time to spare for the objects on the road. The car speed is so fast that may not be able to avoid you even the driver can see you in a distance. Need to keep a safety distance from the racing track, avoid the dangerous corners, check with the local experience people where to stand. The fence may not save you from impact.
    Photoskipper
    flickr.com/photos/photoskipper/
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    Check out the work safety gear shop, there many vest, chest band and arm band for road contruction worker.
    You may wish to consider to carry a red LED lights (those for the bicycle use). It may be very visible during the poor light condition. But need to check with the marshal whether it can be use during the race.

Just a friendly reminder, the racing drivers are very busy with their car and the speed, they have no time to spare for the objects on the road. The car speed is so fast that may not be able to avoid you even the driver can see you in a distance. Need to keep a safety distance from the racing track, avoid the dangerous corners, check with the local experience people where to stand. The fence may not save you from impact.

I agree with all of this.

I have been able to shoot a few local club races and in order to do so I had to sign a waiver- receive a orange vest- and was told by track safety officials where I could and couldn't stand.

I imagine all tracks are like this. ne_nau.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion