Options

Kyoto, Japan (arrival day)

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited March 14, 2008 in Journeys
My class arrived in Kyoto last night and I uploaded photos on the free wireless while we slept. Here is my favorite photo from the evening.

260899979_LxA9m-M.jpg

Today we are off to such awesome places as Kiyomizu-dera and Heian Jingu so I'm super excited to photograph those and will likely post more tomorrow!

All my trip photos will be here:
http://photos.cathoffman.com/Japan_March_2008/

Thanks for looking :) I'll be here until March 11th, so should have plenty of things to post all throughout that time.

Comments

• Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2008
    Class? What kinda class? ear.gif

You are soo lucky! My friend is leaving for Japan in May and asked if I could go... but... I cannot sadly.

I love those dishes they use! I have that kinda set at home!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2008
    Class? What kinda class? ear.gif

You are soo lucky! My friend is leaving for Japan in May and asked if I could go... but... I cannot sadly.

I love those dishes they use! I have that kinda set at home!

Everyone is doing individual research projects, mine is on the differences between brand loyalty, marketing and such between Canon and Nikon in Japan and other places. See the "cameras" forum on dgrin if you want to fill out my survey which is online :)

Super busy days since I posted that, so will post more when I get a chance again. I have since uploaded a ton of photos though.
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    Hi Cat, I'm thrilled you're finally there and are able to share your trip! I always love seeing photos of Japan but of course having been there now I've got to see it from as many points of view as possible.

I also filled out your survey and am looking forward to seeing your results. Almost every camera I saw around someone's neck in Tokyo was a Nikon, but I'll wait to see what your research tells us. :D
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Hi Cat, I'm thrilled you're finally there and are able to share your trip! I always love seeing photos of Japan but of course having been there now I've got to see it from as many points of view as possible.

I also filled out your survey and am looking forward to seeing your results. Almost every camera I saw around someone's neck in Tokyo was a Nikon, but I'll wait to see what your research tells us. :D

Thanks for commenting here, going to post a few more pictures from my trip shortly... been very busy at work since I returned (came back and had to go straight back to work, fun fun!)

The first several days the only cameras I noticed at first were all Canon's, which I thought was rather odd since Nikon holds the DSLR market share in Japan by a few percentage points... but then near the end of my trip I started seeing nikon's pop up around random people's necks, so in the end it was more of an even split.

Anyhoo off to post some more photos I go!
  • Options
    GiphsubGiphsub Registered Users Posts: 2,662 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    Nice Shot thumb.gif Living here I see a fairly even split between the 2 brands. The photographers at my school and the teachers I do photography club with are mostly Nikon users, but one guy has flopped between the two a bit.