Options

New Photographer

AajphotographyAajphotography Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited March 14, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Hey guys. Ok so I wasn't sure where else to put this. Anyways, if you guys wanna check out a new artist just getting into the world then check out this site:

http://aajphotography.com

It's my girlfriend's work. She is doing just about anything atm till she knows more for sure what she wants.

Let em know what you think. =)

Like I said, shes just starting so (still in highschool).

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    Hey guys. Ok so I wasn't sure where else to put this. Anyways, if you guys wanna check out a new artist just getting into the world then check out this site:

http://aajphotography.com

It's my girlfriend's work. She is doing just about anything atm till she knows more for sure what she wants.

Let em know what you think. =)

Hi there, and welcome to the Dgrin Forum.

I'd like to see much larger images than what's on the site link.

Small shots can hide a multitude of sins (So to speak)
    I hope she does well with her photography.

I see the website is only in its infancy I only saw 2 images?

Enjoy the Forum thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2008
    Thanks for the welcome. =)

And yeah I working on making them bigger. Trying to balance school, work, website and that hehe.

Yeah its new but there are 11 up there right now. Once you click on gallery there are five pages. (links on bottom. Maybe hard to see. Workin on that ;)
  • Options
    Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    You've got some nice stuff there. I also would like to see some bigger photos. My favorite one on there is the first one on "Lost in Confusion" (pg 3)
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • Options
    HinsonHinson Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    Hey guys. Ok so I wasn't sure where else to put this. ...Let em know what you think. =)

Will, you're headed in the right direction but still need a bit of work on the site. A few things that jumped out at me:

1) This is a photography site but one must go three pages deep to get to the photographs. Not good. If you are going to have a splash page, save the 'who we are' and 'updates' stuff for another page and put a great photo or flash slide show in it's place.

2) On the gallery page: the links at the bottom are hidden by the lack of contrast in the colors. Skippy didn't see them at all and I almost missed them. It also took a few seconds to search for the link to the 'homepage' on the splash. I would also put more photos per page and fewer comments.

3) Have someone proof read your pages. Work on the grammar and make sure there are no typos. They say that 'a picture is worth a thousands words' but you still have to use words correctly.

Just some tips;
    Serving Him by Serving Others
    www.Jerrywhitephotography.com
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2008
    Hi Hinson,

Thanks a bunch. I'm open to any and all hints. =)

And everyone you mentioned were big ones. I really like the ones about having less words, and more photos, especially on the first pages. (so it stands out its about photography.)

And thanks for the errors in grammar. Some of these pages were done later in the night. and after hours of looking at code it all kinda blends haha.

Thank you very much for your tips.

- Will