Options

Newer Pro/artist to smugmug...please critique

dank-photodank-photo Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
edited March 16, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Hello Dgrin! I just registered with smugmug last week as a new pro, and would love to hear your thoughts on my work. Please visit and let me know what you think.

265499847_reQB3-M-2.jpg)

-Dan K

www.dank-photo.com

Comments

• Options
    Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    I'm confused
    Welcome to the Whipping Post.
    Please help me better understand your intentions here.
    Are you seeking critical feedback on this particular image? Or, is this just a calling card to hook us over to your photo gallery?
    Thanks,

M
  • Options
    KitKat987KitKat987 Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    I really like your fantasy gallery. Very cool. Wish I had the talent to create those!
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    Welcome to the forum! Your fantasy landscapes are mind-blowing! I hope you will be posting more of these. Like Miguel said, I'm not sure if you're looking for critique on this shot. If so, it will be pretty hard to offer with the huge watermark across a critical part of the shot. I understand the need for watermarks, just wish it were less obtrusive.
  • Options
    Gary GlassGary Glass Registered Users Posts: 744 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    Dank, welcome. How about reviewing the WP rules? (This forum is about critiquing individual shots, not your portfolio.) Then post away!
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2008
    Welcome to the Whipping Post.
    Please help me better understand your intentions here.
    Are you seeking critical feedback on this particular image? Or, is this just a calling card to hook us over to your photo gallery?
    Thanks,

M

I apologize M, (and others here)...I was looking for a place to post a kind-of calling card for new members so I could get some feedback, but I wasn't sure where to post...after a while of searching this seemed like the closest place to...I guess it wasn't...my apologies again.

-DK
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2008
    Gary Glass wrote:
    Dank, welcome. How about reviewing the WP rules? (This forum is about critiquing individual shots, not your portfolio.) Then post away!

Hey Gary, I apologize...little ole', sometimes ignorant me couldn't find the right place to post. I had reviewed the rules before hand, and that is why I have only chosen one image for critique...but I guess my motives were to try to get people over to my newly-developed site...any place on here to do that? I looked for a while, and this seemed like the closest place.

-DK

www.dank-photo.com
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited March 16, 2008
    Mod note: Hi DK and welcome to Dgrin. I moved this thread to Other Cool Shots, as I think the pic you posted was pretty cool. thumb.gif

Cheers,
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    I paid a visit to your website. It's not my type of art, but I did find the pictures to be interesting. I do appreciate the talent required to generate these images. Good luck with your endeavors.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2008
    saurora wrote:
    Welcome to the forum! Your fantasy landscapes are mind-blowing! I hope you will be posting more of these. Like Miguel said, I'm not sure if you're looking for critique on this shot. If so, it will be pretty hard to offer with the huge watermark across a critical part of the shot. I understand the need for watermarks, just wish it were less obtrusive.

Thanks saurora! I am going to re-vamp my watermark in the near future, as well as continue to add more fantasy landscapes...I have a few years of backed up work, as well as a bunch of them on film that I will scan once I have the chance...so please check back!

-DK

www.dank-photo.com
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    Welcome Dan! Love your Fantasy Gallery, but why none of your shots are protected? Did you say you had a Pro account? You're enabling orignal sizes as well eek7.gif Just curious!!
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2008
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Welcome Dan! Love your Fantasy Gallery, but why none of your shots are protected? Did you say you had a Pro account? You're enabling orignal sizes as well eek7.gif Just curious!!

Thank you so much Shepsmom! :whew It's all fixed now...I missed the protect button in 2 galleries...I hope it helps that they were still watermarked, but I'm guessing that some techies might know a way around that. :pissed Thanks again for bringing that to my attention.

-DK

www.dank-photo.com