Options

Unused.

eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
edited March 16, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I wandered the Huntingtin Library yesterday. This was one of the last shots I took. Should I take a little off the top?
DSC_1621-web.jpg
Unused

Compressed RAW (12-bit)
Lens: 18-250mm F/3.5-6.3 G
Focal Length: 155mm
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
1/4 sec - F/9
Exposure Comp.: -0.7 EV

C&C welcome.
Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
"Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather

Comments

• Options
    RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    I do think that you should crop some of the top. Interesting picture.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • Options
    Deanna AlkoDeanna Alko Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    Hi Lee,

ahhh, your photographing one of my favorite subjects. There are many good ones to be found in cemeteries as well. mwink.gif

I would crop from the top approx. 1.7in, from the left a bit, and + from the bottom taking the leaves immediately under the spigot out. You might also consider increasing the contrast of this image, as well as, bringing out the nice lines, shadows and highlights of the device.

Yes, he certainly is most unused.

Take care,
    - Deanna
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    Hi Lee,

ahhh, your photographing one of my favorite subjects. There are many good ones to be found in cemeteries as well. mwink.gif

I would crop from the top approx. 1.7in, from the left a bit, and + from the bottom taking the leaves immediately under the spigot out. You might also consider increasing the contrast of this image, as well as, bringing out the nice lines, shadows and highlights of the device.

Yes, he certainly is most unused.

Take care,
    - Deanna

Thank you, Deanna. I did think there was too much up top, but needed a second opintion. The rest of your suggestions also improved the image considerably.

I went a little lower than you recommended for the top, because cropping at 1.7" left a couple of highlights competing for attention. I went to almost 2". I increased the contrast by ten points and then darkened it by five to save the highlights. I am happier with the image. Thank you very much.
    calvin0009.gif

DSC_1621-web2.jpg

Any other comments? Anyone? mwink.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    hamsterhamster Registered Users Posts: 361 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    I like it very much, the new crop is great.