Options

Mode 2 Image Stabilization on 70-200 2.8L

DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
edited March 18, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
So I was outside playing with my daughter trying not to be a total bump on a log as I've had a really nasty flu(don't worry, I won't get any on you). I decided to play with the Mode 2 IS on my new 70-200 2.8L IS USM. It actually works better than I could have hoped. I had to stop down to about f/10 and bump the iso down to 50(on my 5D) to get a slow enough shutter speed to facilitate any blur. I'm impressed with the results, now i want to go shoot an autocross or something and get some other car blurs.

Anyone else had any experience with this mode 2 IS or the VR equivalent(is there one?).

267022985_NdCkX-L.jpg

267023311_caFse-L.jpg

267023563_ZtHqD-L.jpg
Modus Imagery
Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2008
    DI-Joe wrote:
    So I was outside playing with my daughter trying not to be a total bump on a log as I've had a really nasty flu(don't worry, I won't get any on you). I decided to play with the Mode 2 IS on my new 70-200 2.8L IS USM. It actually works better than I could have hoped. I had to stop down to about f/10 and bump the iso down to 50(on my 5D) to get a slow enough shutter speed to facilitate any blur. I'm impressed with the results, now i want to go shoot an autocross or something and get some other car blurs.

Anyone else had any experience with this mode 2 IS or the VR equivalent(is there one?).

Hi DI-Joe, Mode 1 is used for most things, and Mode 2 is for Panning. :D

Your results speak for themselves thumb.gif love that RED Vehicle
    All three came out really well, bet you can't wait to get out there and try a car race or bike race of some description.

Good luck with shoot DI-Joe, looking Good thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin