Options

What price is in effect for new products?

GJMPhotoGJMPhoto Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
edited March 18, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I came across the keepsake boxes (nice product, by the way), but I was wondering:

If I don't realize a new product has been added - and therefore have not overidden the 'cost' pricing in my portfolio pricing (or any level of my overrides, obviously) - the following questions come to mind:
  • Does the customer have the option of buying the product as soon as it becomes available even if I haven't set my price?
  • If I haven't set an override price, are they buying it at my cost?
  • And of course, if so, would I even know about it (since 'at cost' orders are not reflected to me)?
Just wondering....

Thanks,
- Gary.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    GJMPhoto wrote:
    I came across the keepsake boxes (nice product, by the way), but I was wondering:

If I don't realize a new product has been added - and therefore have not overidden the 'cost' pricing in my portfolio pricing (or any level of my overrides, obviously) - the following questions come to mind:
    • Does the customer have the option of buying the product as soon as it becomes available even if I haven't set my price?
    • And of course, if so, would I even know about it (since 'at cost' orders are not reflected to me)?
    Just wondering....

Thanks,
    - Gary.
    I think all new products come in with the price set to 0 so this doesn't
    happen. You'll have to go and enable them. btw, I think Andy said the box
    was added prematurely and not available yet.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    GJMPhoto wrote:

Just wondering....

Thanks,
    - Gary.
    You saw the keepsake box, but it's not for sale right now, nor can you price it. I started to add it, then we had a little problem with adding it, which Don is fixing. As soon as that problem is fixed, I'll be adding it for real.

FYI, when we add new products, they go in at SmugMug cost to all standard and power users, and to Pro accounts that have NO pricing set whatsoever. If you're a pro, and have even one gallery set for pro-pricing, the new product gets added at $0 and therefore wouldn't show up for your customers until such time as you price it. When we add new products, we always announce it in release notes, and we send system message to Pros, and we might even add a news item on your homepage news box.

Cool? Let me know if you have more Q's. And yeah, the keepsake box is hot... really high quality and the photo looks great on it.

keepsake-box-image.jpg
  • Options
    GJMPhotoGJMPhoto Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Cool...yes! That's the perfect way to handle it! Thanks!
  • Options
    MarkjayMarkjay Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2008
    Yeah, you added it
    I noticed it ADDED in the mix of product offerings........
    with nothing in the pricing box. I added 0.00 to it so it would not show up at the default pricing and poof, it was gone!

It strikes me as so strange that Smugmug can find a source for these keepsake boxes, yet...
    they can't find a source for standard 4 x6 or 5 x7 notecards?

Strange if you ask me, Andy. After all, paper printables are in demand.
    Not to say your keepsake box isn't nice or anything, it is. But how long has it been since someone first made mention / request for standard size notecards?

I most certainly appreciate the keepsake boxes. Don't want to leave you on a negative note :-) (no pun intended either )

aThanks for the boxes, Smugmug.
    Andy wrote:
    You saw the keepsake box, but it's not for sale right now, nor can you price it. I started to add it, then we had a little problem with adding it, which Don is fixing. As soon as that problem is fixed, I'll be adding it for real.

FYI, when we add new products, they go in at SmugMug cost to all standard and power users, and to Pro accounts that have NO pricing set whatsoever. If you're a pro, and have even one gallery set for pro-pricing, the new product gets added at $0 and therefore wouldn't show up for your customers until such time as you price it. When we add new products, we always announce it in release notes, and we send system message to Pros, and we might even add a news item on your homepage news box.

Cool? Let me know if you have more Q's. And yeah, the keepsake box is hot... really high quality and the photo looks great on it.

keepsake-box-image.jpg
    Markjay
    Canon AE1 - it was my first "real camera"
    Canon 20D - no more film!