Options

Some of my car photos

BlackwoodBlackwood Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
edited March 20, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
As usual, comments are welcome.

I used to shoot cars with much more frequency. I haven't in about a year. I really need to get back out there.

Ferrari F40:

Comments

• Options
    edited March 18, 2008
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2008
    another Lamborghini Murcielago:
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2008
    Porsche 911 GT3 (996) and Ferrari F360:
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2008
    Lamborghini Murcielago, etc.:
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2008
    My old Audi (S4 25quattro):
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2008
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2008
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2008
    Blackwood wrote:
    As usual, comments are welcome.

I used to shoot cars with much more frequency. I haven't in about a year. I really need to get back out there.

Ferrari F40:

Hi there Blackwood, that little Grey number looks a bit of alright nod.gif
    These look ever so expensive, how do people not only afford these cars,
    but the insurance too ???

The Blue one looks like it's ready to transform into a jet and take off.

Nice series....... you said you photographed them, but did they let you ever drive any of them too ??? :D

Thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    BPerronBPerron Registered Users Posts: 464 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi there Blackwood, that little Grey number looks a bit of alright nod.gif
    These look ever so expensive, how do people not only afford these cars,
    but the insurance too ???

The Blue one looks like it's ready to transform into a jet and take off.

Nice series....... you said you photographed them, but did they let you ever drive any of them too ??? :D

Thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

Most people that own these cars were able to buy them outright, so they only need to carry liability and hope they do not get in a wreck...so insurance is much less then one might think. Some insurance companies will not even insure people with these cars. The flip side is that the people who can afford these cars can afford the insurance with out a bat of an eye.
    Brandon Perron Photography
    www.brandonperron.com
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2008
    The Lambo Murcielago, is my favorite car in the whole world...you have some very nice shots there...If I one the lottery like those ladies just did, first purchase would be this car and then I would drive it out to find my new home...Laughing.gif.
    www.brandonperron.com
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Of these, I've only driven the silver Murcielago (my car aside).

A few of the big time collectors I know are really cool guys, and are very generous. I still haven't driven an Enzo, though. That's my goal.
    BPerron wrote:
    Most people that own these cars were able to buy them outright,

Depends on the person. Sometimes they buy them outright, sometimes they don't want to tie that much money up so they finance. Some are leased.
    BPerron wrote:
    Some insurance companies will not even insure people with these cars. The flip side is that the people who can afford these cars can afford the insurance with out a bat of an eye.

MANY insurance companies won't touch them. Some of the really high-end cars are insured by specialty agencies. The most expensive car in that series is the MC12 at €600,000 (what... $1.5 million USD or so?).

Some of these guys have car collections that would make Jay Leno envious. One guy got the first two Bugatti Veyrons in the country. He paid 1.7 million per copy, but hey, you HAVE to have his and hers, right?

I just like that I can sneak my $60,000 Audi into a group like this and not have people call me on it :P
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2008
    Blackwood wrote:
    Of these, I've only driven the silver Murcielago (my car aside).

A few of the big time collectors I know are really cool guys, and are very generous. I still haven't driven an Enzo, though. That's my goal.

Depends on the person. Sometimes they buy them outright, sometimes they don't want to tie that much money up so they finance. Some are leased.

MANY insurance companies won't touch them. Some of the really high-end cars are insured by specialty agencies. The most expensive car in that series is the MC12 at €600,000 (what... $1.5 million USD or so?).

Some of these guys have car collections that would make Jay Leno envious. One guy got the first two Bugatti Veyrons in the country. He paid 1.7 million per copy, but hey, you HAVE to have his and hers, right?

I just like that I can sneak my $60,000 Audi into a group like this and not have people call me on it :P

I want friends like yours...Laughing.gif...or even better I want jobs like your friends! Tell me where I apply.
    www.brandonperron.com
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2008
    BPerron wrote:
    I want friends like yours...Laughing.gif...or even better I want jobs like your friends! Tell me where I apply.

If you want the first two Veyrons, apply to have your family be the founders of Yellow Pages. :P
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2008
    Blackwood wrote:
    If you want the first two Veyrons, apply to have your family be the founders of Yellow Pages. :P

Nice I will get on that right now mwink.gif
    www.brandonperron.com
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2008
    I recently purchased a new Aston Martin DB9. A good friend has a Porsche GT2. He had shopped dilligently for insurance and finally decided to carry the risk himself and went the self-insured route. After a little checking, I decided to follow his path and carry the risk myself. Last week he totaled his Porsche.....this week I'm shopping like hell for some insurance.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2008
    I recently purchased a new Aston Martin DB9. A good friend has a Porsche GT2. He had shopped dilligently for insurance and finally decided to carry the risk himself and went the self-insured route. I decided to follow his path and carry the risk myself. Last week he totaled his Porsche.....this week I'm shopping like hell for some insurance.

Yeah, I could only imagine what insurance will be...sorry to hear about your friend and his car. Man apparently some people have some very good jobs on this site, you have Aston and the poster has a 60k audi...I need to find a new job. wings.gif
    www.brandonperron.com
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2008
    I recently purchased a new Aston Martin DB9. A good friend has a Porsche GT2. He had shopped dilligently for insurance and finally decided to carry the risk himself and went the self-insured route. After a little checking, I decided to follow his path and carry the risk myself. Last week he totaled his Porsche.....this week I'm shopping like hell for some insurance.

Nice. Have you seen the V12 db9 (the new 'Vanquish')? Looks interesting, but I'm in love with the full carbon ceramic brakes.

Is it a 996 GT2? It seems like more of those have been wrecked than not.
  • Options
    EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2008

I hope you have some pics to share!!thumb.gif A car with class... I'd love to see it!
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2008
    Hi Blackwood...

My DB9 is a V-12. I have the Volante ( convertible ) model. I have the steel rotor brake system.....I don't believe the carbon fiber/ceramic set-up was an option on this car.

My friend's GT2 was a 996 model Porsche, I believe. I'm not that tuned in on Porsches' internal nomenclature but I know he had it for a couple of years. I think they are getting ready to release a new GT2. He'll be trying to order one for sure. Lucky scoundrel got away with a broken thumb and major bruises when he totaled his current GT2.

EphTwoEight....

All my pictures of the car were on a crashed hard drive. I'm going to shoot some new ones and I'll post them when I'm done. I've wanted this car for a while. I think it is the most beautiful thing on four wheels.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    slodaveslodave Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2008
    Nice pictures. I know that DTM. Looks like you took that at Super Car Sunday in Calabasas. If it's the same DTM, it's not registered. Lat time I saw it, it had a 1 month temporary registration, that had been expired for a month.
    Dave

On a steep learning curve...
    Nikon D100, Nikon 18-135mm, Tamron 5.6 200-400mm
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2008
    Hi Blackwood...

My DB9 is a V-12. I have the Volante ( convertible ) model. I have the steel rotor brake system.....I don't believe the carbon fiber/ceramic set-up was an option on this car.

Brain fart. I meant the new V12 Vantage RS.

Here are the glorious brakes: http://images.leftlanenews.com/content/november2007/aston-martin-v12-vantage-rs-7.jpg
    slodave wrote:
    Nice pictures. I know that DTM. Looks like you took that at Super Car Sunday in Calabasas. If it's the same DTM, it's not registered. Lat time I saw it, it had a 1 month temporary registration, that had been expired for a month.

John gets 6 month registrations on his non-US cars, I believe.
  • Options
    slodaveslodave Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited March 20, 2008
    It's a cool car in person. I believe he also goes down to Cars and Coffee in O.C. as well? It's unique caompared to the rest of the exotics that show up all the time. Do you head up to SCS often? A couple of buddies and myself usualy drive eraly in the morning and end up there around 9.30.

Dave
    Dave

On a steep learning curve...
    Nikon D100, Nikon 18-135mm, Tamron 5.6 200-400mm
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2008
    Hi Marc....

Yes, the carbon fiber/ceramic brake package is pretty slick. While it's not an option on the DB9, it does come standard on the DBS.
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2008
    slodave wrote:
    It's a cool car in person. I believe he also goes down to Cars and Coffee in O.C. as well? It's unique caompared to the rest of the exotics that show up all the time. Do you head up to SCS often? A couple of buddies and myself usualy drive eraly in the morning and end up there around 9.30.

Dave
    I've never seen him down at Crystal Cove or Coffee and Cars, but he may make the trek.

I used to make it up there fairly often (once or twice a month), but I haven't been there in about a year. The blue Murci I posted was also in the VCR parking lot (March 26, 2006).
    Hi Marc....

Yes, the carbon fiber/ceramic brake package is pretty slick. While it's not an option on the DB9, it does come standard on the DBS.

Sure, but the DBS is overpriced to the point of absurdity. In fact, I think it has a slightly higher MSRP than Ferrari's 430 Scuderia. Great looking car, though.

Congrats on your Volante, by the way.