Options

Is it here yet?

Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
edited March 18, 2005 in Cameras
Well, I just ordered the 20D from Costco.com. I had recieved a lot of birthday money since my birthday was on Monday (3/14). The camera should be arriving Saturday, since every one of my purchases from Costco.com has come within 3 days. I can't wait!!!clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
-Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.

Comments

• Options
    3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2005
    nosey
    Red Bull wrote:
    Well, I just ordered the 20D from Costco.com. I had recieved a lot of birthday money since my birthday was on Monday (3/14). The camera should be arriving Saturday, since every one of my purchases from Costco.com has come within 3 days. I can't wait!!!clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Hey Red Bull, if you care to discuss it what did you end up spending and what package. I got the basic 20D w/18-55 kit for $1349.00 from PCNation.com. Paid $51 for overnight shipping and still come in a HECK of a lot cheaper than any place close to me.

PS: Congrats!!!!!!

kc7dji
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2005
    The total came to around $1550. On Costco.com, they have it with the 18-55mm lens. I would rather spend a bit more money and get it from somewhere that I have had experience with. Costco has a 6 month return policy and is VERY good about returns in case something goes wrong with it. Plus, I can just return it back to the store which is about 10 minutes from me and purchase another online. (If something is wrong with it)
    -Steven

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • Options
    3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2005
    Red Bull wrote:
    The total came to around $1550. On Costco.com, they have it with the 18-55mm lens. I would rather spend a bit more money and get it from somewhere that I have had experience with. Costco has a 6 month return policy and is VERY good about returns in case something goes wrong with it. Plus, I can just return it back to the store which is about 10 minutes from me and purchase another online. (If something is wrong with it)
    very good... I'll be interested to hear your personal review :)thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2005
    The camera has shipped. Should be here Saturday. Can't wait!!

I do have one question though. Will I be able to use my 35-80mm lens that I have for my film Rebel. It's an EF lens, but I am wondering because the size of the sensor isn't the same size as as 35mm film.ne_nau.gif
    -Steven

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited March 18, 2005
    Congratulations RB! Look forward to seeing some shots
    (though it damn well better not be raining in SD--I arrive
    on Saturday and I'm hoping to escape from the drenching
    we're supposed to get :D).

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2005
    It is here!!! After what seemed to be an eternity, I recieved the camera today. Kudos to Costco for shipping it out so fast.

It sure is one heck of a camera. I can tell that I'll have a very fun time shootng with it. The whole 2 days I had to wait seemed like forever! I'm so excitedclap.gif
    -Steven